Code 41

vbimport

Hello everyone,

I just recently got the Code 41 for both of my burners. that came with my PC. Here is the info I got from My Computer/Device Manager:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10L
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

My 2 USB sticks have the same error. What gives?
:confused:

[QUOTE=TorqueWorks;2002141]Hello everyone,

I just recently got the Code 41 for both of my burners. that came with my PC. Here is the info I got from My Computer/Device Manager:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10L
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

My 2 USB sticks have the same error. What gives?
:confused:[/QUOTE]

Here what I found…but also what O/S are you using?

Code 41
Recommended resolution

A driver was loaded but Windows cannot find the device. This error occurs when Windows does not detect a non-Plug and Play device.

If the device was removed, uninstall the driver, install the device, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver. If the hardware was not removed, obtain a new or updated driver for the device.

If the device is a non-Plug and Play device, a newer version of the driver might be needed. To install non-Plug and Play devices, use the Add Hardware wizard. Click Performance and Maintenance on Control Panel, click System, and on the Hardware tab, click Add Hardware Wizard.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

Thank you for replying. I am running XP media center. I have tried the troubleshooter and as usual it is no help. How do I go about finding new device drivers? I have no clue who makes them.

You can spend some time looking through this thread.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/35761/

Note: It is highly recommended that you backup your registry before doing this.

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

Go start
Run
Type regedit

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Shut down and restart.

:cool::cool:

Thank you coolcolors. I read the other forum after trying what you suggested. I was unable to delete those registry values. So I removed iTunes and everything is fine. Who knew!?!?!?:doh: