Code 03 73 03 [Medium error, Power calibration fail (CD-burner is dirty)

vbimport

Hello Freaks!

Has anyone had this error message burning with copytodvd?

06.03.2003 19:19:08 Fehler (WriteSector) Failed: Code 03 0C 08 [Write error, recovery fail
06.03.2003 18:57:55 Warnung (OPC) failed: Code 03 73 03 [Medium error, Power calibration fail (CD-burner is dirty)

The burner is a Sony DRU-500a (1.0g) and the media was a non-labeld Vivastar.

Any Hint´s ?
Thanks, in advance, DataGuard

PS: The Burner is 2 days old, can´t be that dirty, or what do you think :wink:

Yah for me it means the cdr is a shitty cheapo brand cdr, and the calibration area can’t take the heat (so to speak!).

I had this a lot with cheapies, now I’m using Verbatim and other better names, have had no power clib. failures.

Oop (smack! Read the damn post, Fluffbutt - he said DVD!!) - sorry, i meant cdr’s - it MAY be the same for dvd??

Originally posted by Fluffbutt
[B]Yah for me it means the cdr is a shitty cheapo brand cdr, and the calibration area can’t take the heat (so to speak!).

I had this a lot with cheapies, now I’m using Verbatim and other better names, have had no power clib. failures.

Oop (smack! Read the damn post, Fluffbutt - he said DVD!!) - sorry, i meant cdr’s - it MAY be the same for dvd?? [/B]

Yes, you are right. I think i found out what went wrong.

First of all, I installed ADVDInfo (WinXP) to find out what the manufacturer of the unlabeld DVD-R was.
But i had to install aspi v4.6 and I think that was ONE reason why I got this errormessage.
The second reason I think are the really cheap DVD-R´s I bought at eBay.
Yesterday I deinstalled the aspi and everthing is fine now.
I also use other media now from a discount Shop (Lidl, for the german guys here).
But im sure the aspi caused the trouble.

Thank´s for your help.
DataGuard

Hi,

How to see or check if if got the same problem.
With program does instal aspi v4.6

grz
martin

PS part I use nero for year but when I started to burn DVD I tried many things but over en over again I had problems.
They I tried copy to DVD AND IT SOLVE AL MY PROBLEMS
the problems where creating dvd movie with could not be play by all standalone dvd players and I got many power calibration error

COPY TO DVD KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Heh i any buddy need a beta testing (dvd-r/pioneer a05):bow: