Coasters Anyone?

Okay guys… I’m using Nero (latest version) with a Digital Research burner, 40x12x48. I copy a music CD, it says it’s okay. When I play the copied CD, I get drop outs. Some are so bad that the player just hangs. The CD I’m trying to copy is from Europe… I have enough coasters now to line the corner bar. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance…

Dell Inspiron 5000e
320 MB RAM
USB Hub

Make sure the CD is clean as possible. Then use Exact Audio Copy or Furio to copy it. These are much better for audio discs than nero. If you have to use nero. Read the cd at a slower speed, like 4x. When you open nero close the wizard select cd copy and under the Read options tab, put a tick in the box “Use Jitter Correction”. Hopefully this should help :slight_smile:

write the cd at a slower speed. Your writer may be able to do 40x but you should never write a music cd above 16x and to be on the safe side, I use 8x.

It seems that my problem is associated with Memorex 700 MB, 80 Minute CD-R’s. I was writing at 4x… I tried an Imation 650 MB/ 74 Minute, CD-RW and it copied perfectly. Now I have about 75 Memorex CD-R’s that might be worthless.

Thanks again…

Originally posted by Captn Hank
[B]It seems that my problem is associated with Memorex 700 MB, 80 Minute CD-R’s. I was writing at 4x… I tried an Imation 650 MB/ 74 Minute, CD-RW and it copied perfectly. Now I have about 75 Memorex CD-R’s that might be worthless.

Thanks again… [/B]

It is known that some writers are more picky about their media than other writers.

So they may be useless to you, but good enough for someone else…