CnM Media Player won't display on TV

vbimport

Hi,

Recently purchased a CnM 500GB Hi Definition Media Player with HDD.

It played movies initially on TV from USB stick but when I downloaded movies from pc to the hard drive it no longer displayed on tv nor will it now play from USB.

I took it back to the store at the weekend where they found the same problem but couldn’t rectify so they exchanged it.

Downloaded movies again but am having the same issue where it will not display on tv.

Is there a reset or am I doing something wrong?

Carl.

Welcome to the forum. :flower:

Did you figure this out?

I would read the manual, thoroughly:

http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/downloads/MediaPlayer_User_Manual.pdf

And maybe try updating the firmware:

http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/downloads/3917C.zip

Before you update the firmware, contact tech support first:

support@cnmlifestyle.com

[QUOTE=MerlinG;2455563]Hi,

Recently purchased a CnM 500GB Hi Definition Media Player with HDD.

It played movies initially on TV from USB stick but when I downloaded movies from pc to the hard drive it no longer displayed on tv nor will it now play from USB.

I took it back to the store at the weekend where they found the same problem but couldn’t rectify so they exchanged it.

Downloaded movies again but am having the same issue where it will not display on tv.

Is there a reset or am I doing something wrong?

Carl.[/QUOTE]

Hey mate.
Mine has just stated doing the same thing after 6 months of no problems!
I can connect to my laptop and view all the files, I can copy, delete and transfer to/from the player AND I’ve just updated the firmware, but STILL no display.

Anybody had this problem or know the remedy?
TIA,

CM

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue. I have the same problem after five months of puchase.

Did you, yourself find a resolution? I am now having the same problem. Please help.

Anyone find a fix or this? I have the same issue.

tried the new firmware and copied across the sys directory…still caput.

No I am trying to resolve this issue with CNM themselves. It has taken over three months to get nowhere. Looking on the internet quite a few people have this problem yet they seem to be under the impression no one else has come to them about it.

Fricken pain for an otherwise good product. But how good is it if it’s only got a life expectancy of 6months.

I reckon you should call/write to them. Can you let me know when you get any further with your situation please?

Cheers

I THINK IS THE NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE, since last xmas i have CnM 500GB on old software it works very good, never had a problem,

i have a problem - i want to connect CnM player to laptop so i can play music-movies via internet streaming (wlan or wireless) i tried to plug a usb wireless adaptor to CnM and connect but keeps saying test failed, anyone knows how to connect the player to laptop

[QUOTE=tatlia;2557406]I THINK IS THE NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE, since last xmas i have CnM 500GB on old software it works very good, never had a problem,

i have a problem - i want to connect CnM player to laptop so i can play music-movies via internet streaming (wlan or wireless) i tried to plug a usb wireless adaptor to CnM and connect but keeps saying test failed, anyone knows how to connect the player to laptop[/QUOTE]
Hi guys
i too purchassed one of these cnm media players 500gig ,worked fantastic for about 9 months then it just stopped working ., It works ok when i connecet it to my pc i can see all the files and play the films on it on my pc but when i connected it to my TV it wouldnt show the browser oor any of the settings jus a blank screen SO Here is how i fixed it ,its the hard drive inside it that needs to come out and its easy guys just unscrew all the black screws at the back off it now there are two hidden screws behind the sticker search for them and you will find them once you have the metal plate off the back just push the hard disk and all the contents out through the front off the enclosure dont pull it it wont budge you have to PUSH it out once you have it out just disconnect the sata cables and unscrew all the screws holding the hard drive in then remove the drive ,Now you can do a few things here you can put a new hard drive in it or you can just watch all your films from the usb stick .with out the hard drive in it ,WHAT I DID IS TOOK THE HARD DRIVE OUT COPIED ALL MY STUFF ON TO MY PC FORMATTED THE HARD DRIVE AND PUT IT BACK IN WORKS GREAT .HPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK

On my CnM HD mulltimedia box, removing a single screw in the right hand side of it allows the internals to be pushed out of the front. No need to remove any screws from the back. Also note that the internals are keyed to the frame with cutouts and will only go back in one way.