CMC Pro Powered by TY

vbimport

Just got hold of some of these. First burn:

CMC Pro Powered by TY Value 8x DVD-R
White inkjet hub printable
TYG02 (Made in Taiwan)
SH-224FB (SB00)
Burned at 8x

Legacy JVC vs CMC Pro - any test differences?

Thanks for posting these. Not quite as good as the JVC +'s, but not as bad as I’d feared.

Those look very good, especially for new media, thanks for the scans.

I have TYG03. Also value grade. Should I add some scans to this thread? I wrote them at 16x and the PIE is pretty high, but PIF is quite low (depending on writer and probably media variance). I tend to ignore PIE in evaluation, though.

[QUOTE=drezon;2778035]I have TYG03. Also value grade. Should I add some scans to this thread? I wrote them at 16x and the PIE is pretty high, but PIF is quite low (depending on writer and probably media variance). I tend to ignore PIE in evaluation, though.[/QUOTE]

CMC Pro powered by TY? Sure, go ahead & add them to the thread! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=drezon;2778035]I have TYG03. Also value grade. Should I add some scans to this thread? I wrote them at 16x and the PIE is pretty high, but PIF is quite low (depending on writer and probably media variance). I tend to ignore PIE in evaluation, though.[/QUOTE]

Even the best results that I have personally achieved with TYG03 has never been that good. TYG02, especially earlier batches, was MUCH better.

I’m a little worried about the CMC transition since I have been using TY 8x (TYG02) for many years, which are in my experience the best media made. I’d like to see some scans of the new 8x discs if possible. I’ve had mostly good luck with CMC-the Verbatim Life Series 16x is actually pretty good but some of their CDRs have been iffy. It seems like most manufacturers no longer even make media in Taiwan anymore-it’s been shifted to Vietnam, UAE, mainland China and India, and all of these are low quality compared to the old lines from TW from what I have read.

Written at 16x with Optiarc 7280s

The Lite-On iHAS124F scans strange. No matter which burn it always has PIEs in the 100s and always more at the beginning. This made me so curious that I bought a second one and sure enough that one scans completely different wrt PIEs. The PIFs match, though. I haven’t got around to rescan the older burns with that other 124.

Written at 16x with Optiarc 7200s 1.0b

Written at 16x with SH-224GB SB00

Written at 8x with SE-208GB MF00 (max speed, Slim Burner)

PIE are high but that doesnt say that much, those disc should be playable on most DVD playes. PIF are very good, if not close to excellent.

Thanks for sharing the results.

[QUOTE=vroom;2778081]PIE are high but that doesnt say that much, those disc should be playable on most DVD playes. PIF are very good, if not close to excellent.

Thanks for sharing the results.[/QUOTE]

My pleasure. Forgot to mention that the TRT is perfect with these with every drive I have tested (lots…). So, yes, I also think the burns are quite good.

[QUOTE=TLOE;2778065]I’m a little worried about the CMC transition since I have been using TY 8x (TYG02) for many years, which are in my experience the best media made. I’d like to see some scans of the new 8x discs if possible. I’ve had mostly good luck with CMC-the Verbatim Life Series 16x is actually pretty good but some of their CDRs have been iffy. It seems like most manufacturers no longer even make media in Taiwan anymore-it’s been shifted to Vietnam, UAE, mainland China and India, and all of these are low quality compared to the old lines from TW from what I have read.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that CMC is discontinuing the 8x +'s (Yuden000 T02) (my favorite) all together.

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2778002]Thanks for posting these. Not quite as good as the JVC +'s, but not as bad as I’d feared.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=vroom;2778018]Those look very good, especially for new media, thanks for the scans.[/QUOTE]

My pleasure. Thanks also to all who are contributing scans and info.

CMC Pro (Powered by TY) 16x DVD-R
TYG03 (Made in Taiwan)
SH-224FB (SB00)
Burned at 8x

TYG03 (Made in Taiwan)
SH-224FB (SB00)
Burn specified at 16x