CMC MAG media: what does the hub code mean?

Hi all. :slight_smile:

Okay, now a lot of us know CMC Magnetics in some way, shape, or form. We know how CMC Magnetics does some of Verbatim’s media, and with these discs, we always see hub codes that have an A as the second character, such as PAPA, MAP6, etc. I read somewhere on the forum that the second letter represented the type of dye used for that particular disc, A being AZO.

What I would like to ask you media experts is, is it correct that the second letter represents the dye type used? If so, has anyone ever figured out other dye types that CMC uses? For example, I got some HP discs made by CMC, CMC MAG AM3. These discs have a hub code starting with MTP6. What on earth can the T stand for? :confused:

Also, is there a definitive guide for what the other letters stand for? I searched a bit, but didn’t find anything.

Thanks in advance for any info! :bigsmile:

Good question :slight_smile:

I also have some HP CMC MAG M01 Lightscribe that have P[B]E[/B]P6 hub code :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1992338]Good question :slight_smile:

I also have some HP CMC MAG M01 Lightscribe that have P[B]E[/B]P6 hub code :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Same here HP CMC MAG MO1 PEP6 only difference is mine are inkjet printable
and they burn like crap :Z

There’s some information on the serial code in a German forum. Have a look at the graphic in the first post.

G

[QUOTE=MediumRare;1992499]There’s some information on the serial code in a German forum. Have a look at the graphic in the first post.

G[/QUOTE]

Can’t read it… cause it is not in english!:frowning:

Look at the attached graphic. It’s in english.

G

[QUOTE=MediumRare;1992516]Look at the attached graphic. It’s in english.

G[/QUOTE]

Your the man thanks! :bow:

Hmm… it doesn’t really help with the dye topic though cause it only claims that A is “Dye” and W is “Rewritable”… so until now we have seen:

[B]A[/B] (Azo; MCC/CMC)
[B]D[/B] (???; CMC (HP M01))
[B]E[/B] (???; CMC (Memorex/HP M01))
[B]F[/B] (Fuji?)
[B]O[/B] (???; TDK TTH02)
[B]T[/B] (???; CMC (HP AM3))
[B]W[/B] (Rewritable)

f= Fuji (Oxolife) guaranteed.
A= Azo Mitsubishi azo to be exact.
The others are more complicated and I would have to dig it up really.

kg_evilboy gave allready the MID’s on which they can be found.
For the fuji Oxolife ones that are the ones with the PHILIPSC16 MID.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;1992746]f= Fuji (Oxolife) guaranteed.
A= Azo Mitsubishi azo to be exact.
The others are more complicated and I would have to dig it up really.[/QUOTE]

A = Azo
F = Fuji (old)
T = TDK
E = Ethylene or Enylmethane
O = Oxynol

More info in this thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/mcc03rg20-cmc-manufactured-mcc-177628/index2.html

[QUOTE=MediumRare;1992499]There’s some information on the serial code in a German forum. Have a look at the graphic in the first post.
G[/QUOTE]

Does similar scheme exist for another manufacturers like MBI, Ritek or Prodisc?

I recently bought some Staples branded CMC M01s, and they had codes starting with “PSP6”.

Maybe S=staples?

The discs have very low PIE and reasonable PIF.

Please see next

Hi there,

an old thread but are there any information about the hub code for Verbatim CD-Rs made by CMC? I only can find information about the DVDs but no one mention something about the CD-Rs by CMC. Mostly AZO are made by Moser Baer, which hub code is still known, but the Extra Protection could be found made by CMC at China. Just the Verbatim Music is made in Taiwan, too. I didn’t find Verbatim CD-Rs made by FTI. Is there anyone who knows a place where I can get Verbatim CD-Rs made by Falcon?