CMC MAG-F01. Nero error Record Speed?

vbimport

Here is my problem: I did made some backups, on 2 CMC MAG-F01-000, with Nero 6.6.0.5, adjusting the speed at 8x.
Until here nothing new. But, strangly, the Nero took about 14 minutes to record, this DVD!
Im now quiet shure, that it was recorded at 4x, but again, Nero gives me the option to 8x!!! Second DVD i burn, turn off Plextools, and again, choose on Nero, 8x. Again, it did take about 14 minutes..... I did use Q-Check PI/PO tools, and its one of my best records, but, what did happen to the 8x speed recorder???
Finaly, i made a test with DVD Indentifier results:

** INFO : An Empty Writable Disc Is Recommended For Accurate Results
** INFO : Drive = PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A [FW 1.03]
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD+R DVD+R-DL DVD+RW DVD-R DVD-RW
** INFO : Disc = [DVD+R:CMC MAG-F01-000]
** INFO : Write Speeds (Supported By This Drive On This Disc) Listed Below

** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
Descriptor #1 = 5540 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

** INFO : MODE SENSE Write Speed Descriptor(s) [Legacy Command]
Descriptor #2 = 3324 KBPS ( 2.40x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

So thats correct! - No 8x avaible…but i put on Nero, the option to 8x is avaible… Bug? I was almost shure that i could burn this media at 8x…
Wasn`t supose Nero only shows the avaible record speed ( 4x )??

2 photos, 1s one Showing Nero at “8x” and 2s one Q-Check PI/PO tools…

Resuming:Plextor PX716A(TLA#0202) can`t burn CMC MAG-F01-000 at 8x! - Is this correct?:confused:
Can anyone confirm? - CMC MAG-F01-000 is the only data base on my Plextools, and its rated at 4x…:wink:

Thanks,

Anyone…

Ok mate even if nero reports that he is writing at 8x it doenst always write at 8x if autstrategy comes up then the speed goes down, check in plextools check in the dbase there the media could be listed but its not always listed, but this problem is always when autstrategy comes in action

** INFO : MODE SENSE Write Speed Descriptor(s) [Legacy Command]
Descriptor #2 = 3324 KBPS ( 2.40x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] 

This indicates that the drive can write your media at 4x only. Forget what Nero reports since this is often wrong. Have you tried using the registry trick for Nero to show the actual write speed? This will make Nero show the real recording speed instead of what you selected.

Thank you all!!!

I understand now! Too bad, the Plextor can record this great media at 8x…My old Lite-On 832, with a modded Firm, could do it flawless…

Now, im gonna try the new firm 1.04!!!

Byeeeeee

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Firmware 1.04 Now Burns at 8x!!! :bow: :bow: :

God Bless Plextor!!!

Over and Burn Out!!