CMC MAG AF1 dvd-r write strat?

is there a known write strat swap for CMC MAG AF1 (piodata apparently made and overseen by pioneer for qaulity. the shopkeeper insisted they was made by pioneer and are a mix of ritek and mcc dyes).i have searched write strat thread and many others with no luck and not a lot of mention of these disks. i have tried 2 swaps and so far no change… the disks are some of the best i have ever used up to 2 gig mark especialy pio errors. then it all goes horribly wrong as can be seen below.bear in mind these are burnt at a steady 4x and not 6 or 8x so i cant understand the extent of the ramp).i dont know wether its the disks or the strat but if i can get the last half to burn as well as first half i wouldnt need to search for any other media… here are my scans…
1st is a 1.5 gig film burn at 4x using stock strat
2nd is a 4.2 gig film burnt at 4x using stock strat
this is just to show what i mean about first half being excelent last being unreadable.

Apparently there is a little snake oil mixed in there as well… :rolleyes:

so ya think these where made in haiti with a touch of voodoo lol…gets me how it can go from pic 1 to pic 2 lol…i know outer rim is hardest to burn but come on lol…
also if it helps even though i am burning at a steady 4x i get visible rings on dvd…from 1/4 in from outer edge which i would say is approx half dvd…they look like ripples from a pond…different shades ranging from light to dark…but not in any sequence…dark then light the lighter still then dark again then slightly darker etc…

Probably just bad dye spread or they put the ritek dye on the outer rings… :eek:
I think the shop owner is full of shit.
Maybe you should take them back to him and have him point out which is the ritek and which is the mcc dye in the light, dark, light banding.

rofl…i know what you are getting at…i mean the dye is a mix of ritek and mcc…not inner ring is mcc and outer is ritek…i mean the whole dye is mixed then applied…under normal circumstances i would agree but the shop keeper does know his dvd’s…also my friend burnt the same disk in a pioneer 108 and i am now very jelous lol…the first part was better than mine and it carried on the same all the way through the disk…max pi of 12 and max pio of 2…so all that says to me is either write strat or drive in general…

ok here we go again lol…
this is 4.2 gig dvd written at 4x using MBI 03RG30 strat…much the same…
someone must have a write strat that works for these disks lol…

And how! :iagree:

Actually, my local shopkeeper has been trying to persuade me that CMC MAG AE1 DVD-Rs are really OEM Taiwanese manufactured Verbatim DLPs. He even gave me a couple to try for free when I expressed incredulity. However, they burnt just the way I expected CMC -Rs to burn (i.e :Z).

Seriously, AFAIK, the only viable write strategy for CMC -R media is to chuck them out and buy some media that at least has some chance of producing decent burns.

see verbatims burn ok in my burner as well…
i just cant understand how a disk that burns that well in forst half can go to what it burns like second half…
and they burn fine in nec and pioneer all the way to the end…
must be the write strat well not the whole write strat but the final 2 sectors must be bolluxed.

hmmm starting to think it might be sommat else…could be the learning thing…but since i tested about 10 of these disks all with the same ramp at the end from 2 gig mark…
now after burning a ritek g04 which are usualy very good for me (see other posts) i got strange spikes from the 2 gig mark…i knew i shoulda left alone lol…anyway heres G04 burn at 4x stock strat.