I just spent some of my precious “Platinum” branded CMC CD-R (those in TY lookalike spindle) for another shootout.
- Liteon SOHR-5239V 2$0D (USB connected; Myson Century USB-IDE-Adapter)
- LG GSA-4163 A106
- Benq DW 1650 BCDC
- Samsung SH-W163A TS01 (SATA connected; Promise PDC 20579)
- Liteon SHM-165P6S MS0P (USB connected; Cypress enclosure)
Disc creation test in Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.51.3, write speed was set to 40x. Any of those drives supports that speed with that media.
Discs were scanned with
- Nero CD/DVD speed 4.51.3 using the Benq DW 1650 DVDRW drive
- Kprobe 2.5.2 using the Liteon SOHR-5239V CDRW drive