Cm4 copy - installs, doesn't run

vbimport

hi, i made a copy of cm4 using the instructions in one of the last posts, and on installation, it hangs at 3%. i made a normal copy with no special methods using, and installation works fine. however when i try loading it up, it doesnt like the cd in the drive. i’ve tried putting the patched cd in the drive, but it still doesnt read from it.
any ideas please??? thanks

Hi there!

You followed the instructions here? Or somewhere else?

Championship Manager 4 = SecuROM New v-4.84.69.0101

>and on installation, it hangs at 3%

depending on your install drive, it will not install but will play (ASUS, Toshiba and others)

> i made a normal copy with no special methods using, and installation works fine. however when i try loading it up, it doesnt like the cd in the drive

It will install but not play. It will be detected as a copy when attempting to play.

Are you playing from a burner? Hiding the ATIP?

hi, yeah im playing using my burner. should i try it in another drive??
also, how do you find which type of cd-rw drive you have, as this one just came with the pc.
thanks

Originally posted by bad_bob00
hi, yeah im playing using my burner. should i try it in another drive??

If you’ve got an ordinary cd/dvd rom, yes, use that.

If you must play from a writer, then you’ll have to enable either CloneCD’s hide cdr media or alcohol’s Ignore media type before playing in order to defeat the atip check.

I wish more atip hiding utilities were around. This would help programs that blacklist programs like CCD or Alcohol by creating a much larger list for the software companies to browse through.

I tried finding info on how to prgram anything close to it, but the information is too scattered and too much to handle and understand. Once I compile enough of it, maybe I can make a small tool.