Cloverfield stops before movie starts

vbimport

I just did Cloverfield (Full Disc)with the DVDFab 5 Beta and when I play it back the Paramount Studios Logo plays then it stops. Then I have to press play again for it to continue. It plays the same way on the hard drive so I know it’s not the media I burned it on. (WINDATA DVD +R DL) ThE original Disc plays fine.

I will let you know in about 10 minutes, backing it up now, I had to wait until Walmart opened to buy it. What option did you use to burn? Imgburn, VSO, Nero?

I used VSO.

I did Charlie Wilsons War with 5.0 beta main movie with no problem, but on trying Cloverfield it wouldn’t even open [analyze]. I used Platinum 4.1.2.0 on Cloverfield with no problem.??
I bought the platinum 2 years ago and it’s golden

Used 4.1.2.0 had no troubles, burned it with nero.

Cloverfield with 4.1.2.0 Platinum isn’t working for me. I used both customize and full disc. It will play if I select scene one. But “Play Movie” does not work. All tests were from the hard drive using VLC to test. Using FixVTS doesn’t help either.
-IP

Sorry duplicate post…doh!

I had no problems…R1, WS, Platinum 5.0.0.0 Beta, PP enabled, customize, basically stripped down to main title only, no menus, special features, etc.
Quick and easy analyze, rip and burn.
Like a hot knife through soft butter…:cool:

Are other ppl having trouble with R1?

@sneakers…assume you have PP enabled?..did you use the navigation features of PP and change the playback order of any of the titles with your Full Disc rip.
If yes, disable it and try it again. If no, enable PP and try it again
Every once and awhile Fab stumbles a bit with disc structure, particularly in flicks with alternate endings, etc.
This generally is a non-issue with a single title rip.

Not sure if this is one of flicks…haven’t watched it yet and probably won’t have a chance until late tonight or tomorrow.
I guess I don’t have to remind you to view it from your hdd again before you burn it and waste another DL …:eek:

Why is it that when you click on the burn again option it does not burn the movie again??? I have platinum and it is suppose to copy the movie again if you click burn again…It just says process burned successfully about 2 seconds after clicking on that option. What gives…

disable pathplayer and restart the program

whuzurdaddy, You need to read the dvdfab 5.0.0.0 Beta discussion thread. This is explained in there and a work around is mentioned for you too.

cloverfield crashes dvdfab platinum 5 beta. open dvd source, then program closes with no warnings.

if i open dvdfab 5 with a different dvd in one drive, then insert cloverfield into the second drive and open the disc within the same dvdfab session, then dvdfab will open disc. :confused: this is with pathplayer both enabled and disabled.

dvdfab platinum 4120 opened the dvd good. made a main movie backup with pathplayer enabled. watching it right now. :slight_smile:

thanx

[quote=troy512;2043289]dvdfab platinum 4120 opened the dvd good. made a main movie backup with pathplayer enabled. watching it right now. :)[/quote]I kind of wanted to back up everything. There’s a lot of good extras on this disc including two alternate endings. Right now can’t seem to make it work.
-IP

Until issues resolved should be able to backup using dvdshrink as there is nothing special on this disk in regards to protection only css.
If you want to use dvd fab try disabling path player should open dvd then so you can do full backup.

I did a full disc back up using dvdfab5 beta and had no problems. I have pathplayer always enabled.

Same here GJ, I even watched it, previews and all. It came out fine.:confused:

umm this is strange. just to check i uninstalled both v4 and v5. then installed v4 then installed v5. cloverfield still crashed, also had same problem with Charlie Wilson’s War, but error report came up, and i sent it to Fengtao.

v5 has worked for other titles i have tried. :slight_smile: also new including one missed call and trailer park boys. :confused:

another update…

i have Main Movie set as my default dvd to dvd mode. (top spot in custom ui) changed to Full Disc and cloverfield opened no problems. switched back to Main Movie and crash…:doh:

can someone else move Main Movie to top of custom ui and test this? :slight_smile:

thanks troy

edit// pathplayer always enabled

[quote=troy512;2043674]another update…

i have Main Movie set as my default dvd to dvd mode. (top spot in custom ui) changed to Full Disc and cloverfield opened no problems. switched back to Main Movie and crash…:doh:

can someone else move Main Movie to top of custom ui and test this? :slight_smile:

thanks troy[/quote]
sure I test it now. Yup it a bug. just crashed on me main movie