Closer\Superbit DVD

vbimport

Tomorrow, March 29, the DVD movie Closer is being released. I know there is a superbit version but I’m not positive a regular version will also be available.

I’ve never made a backup of a Superbit and I’ll be curious to see what the finished product will be. I will buy the superbit version to see what it’s like.
Has anyone else had an experience with CloneDVD and superbit. I’m sure it will handle it but it will take more compression.
Below is a copy and paste of superbit description:

Imagine having the ability to see more details in a scene from your favorite movie. Background images become clear and bring new life to that movie you’ve seen multiple times. Although the Superbitâ„¢ collection can be viewed on any DVD player, the more advanced DVD equipment, the better the experience. In addition to the improved clarity of picture, Superbitâ„¢ offers the highest quality sound available.

With the highest resolution picture plus DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, Superbitâ„¢ offers the ultimate in home entertainment.

The Superbitâ„¢ titles utilize a high bit rate digital transfer process which optimizes video quality while offering a choice of both DTS and 5.1 Dolby Digital audio. Superbitâ„¢ DVDs are encoded at about double their normal bit rate while maintaining full compatibility with the DVD-Video format. The result is picture quality that provides outstanding detail and is the closest to the original master available on DVD to date. Superbitâ„¢ DVDs play on current players and needs no additional DVD equipment.

i have backed up the panic room superbit version no real diff
just a higher encode bitrate around 7-9 mbs/s
clone will compress this just fine avg of about 4-6 mbs/s
superbit is a rip off usually no extra only movie

Personally I never watch the extra’s so I would prefer it were left out and gave more quality to the movie content. My DVD stand alone player is capable of near HD quality with a 1080 resolution. I will be anxious to see if it does provide better quality.

Yes, but it will look very good.