Closed Threads

I’ve been wanting to post something about these. It’s amazing to see the number of people who come here and still post or ask something that’s clearly against our rules. Or some others who utter completely nonsense all the time wasting bandwidth and my time reading them :a But the ultimate for me is to see some stupid numbnuts (especially the ones posting in clonecd forum) who think that cdfreaks = pirates.

One question for the mods - how many threads do you guys have to close on average? like 2, 3 per week or more?

Originally posted by xox
One question for the mods - how many threads do you guys have to close on average? like 2, 3 per week or more?

Only closing?
Or do you want to know the number of edited posts, moved posts and deleted posts too?

Some days are worse than others I guess. Sometimes I have to edit three posts (post’s titles included), delete 2, move 4 and edit 1 just before I go to work…and I am not even in the CloneCD forum…

But I can’t remember a day going by I didn’t have to use my admin abilities to make sure this forum is clean.

Although this probably belongs most in the Forum Talk section, I’ll leave it here for everybody to see :wink: )

Well, I was only asking about the closed ones because I assume that would be the most provocative ones - totally against rules or just unacceptable to the forum standard. The ones being moved or edited still contain some sense in it, I assume, otherwise they would’ve been closed straight away.

I was going to post it in the forum talk, but like you said, there are more people reading it here - it’s just too stupid to see the same forum violations over and over again.

Originally posted by xox
Well, I was only asking about the closed ones because I assume that would be the most provocative ones - totally against rules or just unacceptable to the forum standard

The most provacitve ones will get deleted without any consideration…simple as that…

Nothing like closing a few threads, editing a few posts and deleting others every single morning while drinking coffee, right Tax? :wink:

Just makes one’s day … :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Da_Taxman

Some days are worse than others I guess. Sometimes I have to edit three posts (post’s titles included), delete 2, move 4 and edit 1 just before I go to work…and I am not even in the CloneCD forum…

But I can’t remember a day going by I didn’t have to use my admin abilities to make sure this forum is clean.

What a “pain in the ass” labor this must be, even hard to imagine :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]

What a “pain in the ass” labor this must be, even hard to imagine :wink: [/B]

Well sometimes it really can be. This “job” takes quite some time… and often ppl don’t even think about that… by some, this work is badly appreciated… and that’s a shame…

Besides that, I enjoy this job all to well :slight_smile:

I think we should one day all post illegal threads (like 200 or so), see what happens then, muhahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

:wink:

Originally posted by dansmug
[B]I think we should one day all post illegal threads (like 200 or so), see what happens then, muhahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

:wink: [/B]

That is very easy…but I don’t think you want me to answer that…

200???

Yes you dont want an answer for that…

You’re only kidding right about posting a bunch of bad ones???

That is very easy…but I don’t think you want me to answer that…

LOL

Give me a “B”
Give me a “A”
Give me a “N”

YYYAAAAYYYYYYY Dansmug

OK!I agree with that,but WHY you sould delete some and no just move them???:confused:

What do they write and they sould be deleted???:confused:

Hmm, maybe a new forum should be created to house all the bad threads. And if a moderator misbehaves he can be made moderator of that forum :slight_smile:

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Hmm, maybe a new forum should be created to house all the bad threads. And if a moderator misbehaves he can be made moderator of that forum :slight_smile:

Hehehehe… Who says there isn’t?

As for me, ~ 1 every week. This isn’t really the forum people request warez on, and it’s hard to be off topic, so…

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]

Hehehehe… Who says there isn’t? [/B]

Who is the lucky bastard that moderates it then?
:bigsmile: Wait let me guess… Tax? Might explain the mood he has towards these types of posters :slight_smile:

Originally posted by loukovits
[B]OK!I agree with that,but WHY you sould delete some and no just move them???:confused:

What do they write and they sould be deleted???:confused: [/B]

Move them where ?
The purpose of not allowing something is because it is illegal, and will cause trouble for the forum. hence, moving to another place on the forum is pointless.

What do they write? well read the rules, they do anything in there and more.

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
[B]

Who is the lucky bastard that moderates it then?
:bigsmile: Wait let me guess… Tax? Might explain the mood he has towards these types of posters :slight_smile: [/B]

Right in one. :wink:

There is more to this forum than meets your eyes… (not mine :wink: )

There is more to this forum than meets your eyes… (not mine :wink: )

Same here :stuck_out_tongue:

And now all behave, otherwhise you guys/girls won’t get a xmas card from me :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]

Move them where ? [/B]

Somewhere that they sould be!!!:wink: