Close VR disc - finalsing DVD

I’ve burnt a DVD from an ISO image but forgot to put a tick in the box to finalise the DVD. The burn was ok but when I use the “Close VR disc” from DISC INFO I get “Unspecified recorder error” and the disc is spat out of the drive.

I’m using an NEC3540.

Has anyone any ideas on how I can get this DVD closed?

Try this. Start a new DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation in Nero Burning ROM, select Continue Multisession disc on the Multisession tab and Finalize DVD on the Burn tab. Proceed to burn the disc- all Nero should do is close (finalize) it.

Sorry for the delay in responding
I’ve tried doing what you said but I get “Not able to write Disc-at-once on a open disc” - whatever that means.

I am having a similar problem…same error… “not able to write disc-at-once on an open disc”. This occurs after i try burning to a disc in which i choise to continue a multisession disc. The session was imported, i added some files and selected Burn.

I have no problems other wise with my burner and this is the first time i have used the multisession feature with Nero. I have version 6.6.0.15 - the latest version.

I would love for someone to assist with this error,

Thanks

Im using an NEC 6650A and getting the same “Unspecified recorder error” message. Any ideas why and how to get around this :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Never_Again;985057]Try this. Start a new DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation in Nero Burning ROM, select Continue Multisession disc on the Multisession tab and Finalize DVD on the Burn tab. Proceed to burn the disc- all Nero should do is close (finalize) it.[/QUOTE]

Dude… Your a life saver! Worked like a charm. VERY valuable info. I dont know why the disc didnt close but… I went to rip a disc today and my computer wouldn’t acknowledge the disc. I went into discspeed and it said the disc was still open! I was like WHAT? Thanks for the help!

I realize this is a Nero Forum but you could also close it out with imgburn (free).

http://imgburn.com/

Yep this has worked for me too on numerous occasions.

If I remember, [B]LIGHTNING UK![/B] strongly recommends a three-stage process (rather than jumping straight for ‘Close Disc’), i.e.: (1) Close ‘Track’ first;: (2) Close ‘Session’ next, (3) Close ‘Disc’ last.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2146007]I realize this is a Nero Forum but you could also close it out with imgburn (free).

http://imgburn.com/[/QUOTE]

Also Very valuable. THANKS ALOT!