Close but no cigar... First Dvd Burn attempt

vbimport

My backup works on my dvd drive (in computer) but not in dvd player. Attempts to mount the dvd then says “No Disk”

Well after poking around for a few weeks reading posts trying to decide what method seemed to work the best. I thought I’d finally give Backing up a DVD a try. This was after all the primary reason (that I gave to the wife grin) we bought the burner. We have a 2 year old and our DVD’s are rapidly getting thrashed.

The setup up I am using is as follows:
Liteon 411S - Firmware FS0J

LtnRPC when queried result is as follows:
052400 INVALID FIELD IN CDB
RPC maybe disabled.

AnyDVD v3.5.2.1
Default Region set to: 1 United States, Canada

Feature Removal: All selected

Created ISO/UDF using CloneDVD2 SneakPreview v.1.8.2.4 (with AnyDVD running of course)

Then I tested the ISO using daemon tools 3.44. Which worked fine. So I went back to clone DVD 2 and burned it. When it was complete I tested the new dvd and it worked fine on the computer. I then tested it in the our Rio DVD player. And it REALLY didn’t like it. Not only did it not mount it it was reluctant to even Eject it which I found very strange. I also tested it in the PS2 which did not detect any media :frowning:

I then tried to burn the ISO again using Alcohol 120% (yes wife is gonna kill me when she finds out how many pay pal transactions I made this week ROFL… Shhhhh don’t tell she might not find out.

Following is my DVDinfopro data perhaps some of you gurus can make more sense of this problem then I can using this data. Got some smart cookies around here so I am confident ya can knock me on the skull and clue me in :slight_smile:

First media data from DVDinfoPro:

Media Information                            

Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (is this normal?)
Media code/Manufacturer ID RITEKG04
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name CAT_IN_THE_HAT
Application id LBY CLONEDVD
Implementation id Stefan ID
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 3/30/2004 11:15:52
Format Capacity 4.28GB(4.59GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media Type DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
Write Strategy Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
2x Speed OPC beta 08
2x Speed OPC power 12
2x Write Strategy field 1 11 86 67 80
2x Write Strategy field 2 88 80 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta 05
4x Speed OPC power 1B
4x Write Strategy field 1 0E 10 08 09
4x Write Strategy field 2 97 06 0D 0B
4x Write Strategy field 3 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta multi-pulse 04
4x Speed OPC power multi-pulse 1D
4x Write Strategy field 4 18 A8 88 85
4x Write Strategy field 5 89 AC 88 80 00 00
4x Write Strategy field 6 00 00 D0 00 00
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 22387Fh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

Drive Information:
Lite-ON DVDRW LDW-411S
Firmware - FS0J
Buffer size - 2048KB
Volume levels - 256
Internal Interface - ATAPI-3
with anydvd running without
Region Code 1 All
Region Control RPC-2 RPC-1
User Changes Left 4 NA
Vendor Changes Left 4 NA

Well I gave all the information I “knew” to give. If I left something out that may help give advice or troubleshoot this problem I have please let me know.

So close yet so far…

Help this Daddy become the Hero and help save his 2 year old’s Orginal DVD’s :sad:

Oh is there a way to check the region and Rpc stuff on an ISO before I burn it? Or is this data not transfered until the burn takes place?

Thanks in advance!

Peace

you should look up your dvd player here in order to see if it supports playing dvd-r (or any other format for that matter). the ps2 should be able to read dvd-r (all are supposed to be able to), so it might be the way you’re burning the dvds, but the steps you listed all seem to be ok. you might to want try creating your iso from the vobs, etc, with ImgTool Classic and burning the iso with DVD Decrypter. this method is guaranteed to make a fully compliant dvd.

a disc that is region-free will display disc regions 1-8 (meaning it is playable in all of those regions). i’m guessing that you can preview an iso’s regions before burning by mounting it to a virtual drive (such as Alcohol’s) and using DVDInfoPro in the same manner that you read the other disc’s info.