ClonyXXL Problems

vbimport

Ok Guys,

Yes I am new here but not to the burning world. I am having a problem with clonyxxl. The problem is I get no aspi layer installed. I have been fighting this for weeks. I have used every version of aspi under the sun to no avail. I even used forceaspi 1.7 still the problem exists. I look at aspichk and get everyting installed correctly (version 4.6 1021). Launch clonyxxl version 2.0.0.6 or version 2.0.1.5 and get this in the cd-rom setup window:

0:0 AOÙwÿÿÿÿ EÔw¢µÔwÀiAAAA AAAA=0

I have now wiped my system and taken it back to a fresh install of xp pro sp2 with the same problem. So I am dealing with a clean install and aspi installed correctly. Attached is a copy of my aspichk util info.

if you have any suggestions please let me know

I am running a generic system:

msi k8n neo2 plat
1gig pqi pc3200 2.5-3-3-7 ram
lite-on 48125w cdrw
hp vd640c dual layer 16x dvd-writer
dual seagate st3160827as harddrives in raid

Thanks guys
Net

Come on guys no one has an answer or even a place to start looking.

Hi netmechanic,

welcome to CD Freaks! :smiley:

I have a different kind of suggestion: looks like ClonyXXL is quite outdated, try A-Ray Scanner.

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

Although I’ve at the moment no idea what your ASPI problem could be, I agree with eltranquil: ClonyXXl is outdated and A-Ray Scanner is a much better protection scanner at the moment. :iagree:

Hi guys and gals,

I am sorry that I haven’t posted in awhile, but I have found the problem to this issue. If you try and use the aspi drivers and you are still having the same issue you may want to try and remove your IDE drivers that you installed with you system and use the standard Microsoft drivers. I have found that this is a problem on the Nvidia NForce chipsets. So there it is hope this helps out.

Thanks for reporting back, netmechanic.
nVidia IDE drivers are often cause of many problems, so it’s no big surprise.
Glad that you fixed that! :iagree:

ET