clonyXXL and alcoholer ... something fresh?

vbimport

Hi everybody,

for a long time both clonyXXL and alcoholer have not been updated … as a result they cannot scan new locks like safedisk 3 and they cannot properly configure the new versions of cloneCD, alcohol120% or even the new unfriendly version of blindR&W software. Is there anything fresh out there? I have many casualties (usuless CD-Rs) trying to copy newer games … :bow:

ClonyXXL is dead long live A-Ray Scanner

Alcoholer version 4.0xxx was the last update. They are planning to add a profile unit to the A-Ray Scanner once the bugs are sorted out.

CloneCD has special profiles to download to for the different protections.

But some people only have Alcohol 120%.

OK then Alcoholer puts a profile in for Alcohol, CloneCD, Blindwrite and Gamejack.

But my best bet would be to wait to A-Ray to have a profiler.

I have downloaded and tried out cloneCD, alcohol 120% and BlindR&W. The last one did not win my apriciation. It has no options to configure and it always tries to read locked CDs with 4x, which is too anoying. alcohol 120 % is fair enough but it’s built in profiles are not good when copying with a one sheep writer like the one I own (Plextor 48/24/48A) (or I am mistaken :confused: ). What’s your opinbion anout cloneCD? Is it better then alcohol? Where should I look for profiles you mentioned above?

Originally posted by hristoforos
alcohol 120 % is fair enough but it’s built in profiles are not good when copying with a one sheep writer like the one I own (Plextor 48/24/48A) (or I am mistaken :confused: ).

You are. Actually, alcohol’s profiles (or, to be more precise, its safedisc profiles which are the only ones where sheep numbers are relevant) are designed for 1 sheep writers. :wink: :slight_smile:

That’s really good news! But how could you explain that it is impossible to duplicate games like NFS Underground or URU (safedisk 3.10.020) using the above combination?

Because there is never any guarantee of success if attempting to copy a safedisc 2.51+ protected cd with a 0 or 1 sheep writer.

What’s more the chances of success reduce dramatically from v. 2.9 and up (since even quite a few 2 sheep writers fail with that version and higher).

BTW Need For Speed Underground is SafeDisc 2.9.