Clony XL error

Hey guys i just recently went and upgraded to Windows XP and am trying to run Clony XL but i get an “WNASPI32.dll not found please install the aspi driver” error. Does anyone know how to overcome this and what program can i get to install the aspi32?

Thanks in advance

ASPI stands for Advanced SCSI Programming Interface. Operating systems and programs use ASPI drivers to communicate with ATAPI and SCSI devices. The files contained in an ASPI layer are also used in systems that don’t contain a SCSI adapter, or SCSI devices … for things such as ripping CD audio and burning CDs.

WinXP is supposed to have native layer for that. Anyways, you can download Adaptecs ASPIs from their site (get version4.60 and not the latest, since people have reported having problems with the latest and XP).

You will also solve your problem if you install Nero for burning, since it has its own Aspi32 file.

Originally posted by Hemispasm

You will also solve your problem if you install Nero for burning, since it has its own Aspi32 file.

I recommend this. Don’t install Adaptec’s ASPI just because Clony wants it. Even if you don’t have Nero, their wnaspi32.dll is a free download from nero.com PaRaDoX, our CloneCD/XP guru has reported no problems

copy it to \windows\system

Try Scout as you CP detector instead

Thanks FutureProof that seemed to work fine. The adaptec file wanted a scsi card installed for some reason. Everything is fine now :bigsmile: