Cloning and general burning

vbimport

I just upgraded to version 7079b, and am happy how well the cloning feature works on my Sony DRX-820U external USB burner. Today was the first day I’ve tried burning anything with DVDFab in a couple years, as I’d always had trouble with the software failing to recognize when blank media was available, crashing during a burn, and just producing coasters.

Now I’m hoping that if the Clone feature works so well, perhaps I can use DVD Fab to burn Main Movie, too. I’m particularly interested in the ability to burn to a dual-layer DVD. I’ve not gotten any program to do it reliably, as the ones I’ve used seem unable to deal with layer breaks (DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn). I can burn data to dual-layer until the cows come home, but the movies I’ve tried to burn never play properly.

So, can DVDFab handle burning to dual-layer, and are there any tricks, settings and such needed to get it working?

Fab ABSOLUTELY can handle it. Check out StormJumper’s signature for tips on using ImgBurn for the burning of the disc. Most of us prefer ImgBurn to the stock burner, and SJ’s tutorial is gold! And also read Wombler’s tutorial on choosing a layer break wisely. You’ll be a Jedi dl burner in no time!

Just make sure that you use good quality media such as Verbatim DL and you should be fine even using the VSO engine

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2530735]Fab ABSOLUTELY can handle it. Check out StormJumper’s signature for tips on using ImgBurn for the burning of the disc. Most of us prefer ImgBurn to the stock burner, and SJ’s tutorial is gold! And also read Wombler’s tutorial on choosing a layer break wisely. You’ll be a Jedi dl burner in no time![/QUOTE]

Sooo your the reason my ears was burning :smiley: