Cloning a multisession CD

vbimport

Is it possible to make a copy of a multisession CD with CloneCD? Or a mixed-mode CD? How do you do it? [And can you do it with Nero?]

Usually multisession discs are burned by a private user; then they don’t contain copy protections. So, to copy a multisession disc is not necessary to use CloneCD: it is sufficient to copy all files on HDD and then burn on a new CD. If your system is fast enough, you can do an “on-fly” copy using nero. Choose a slow speed to do an “on-fly copy” (max 8x) to avoid too many buffer underrun during burning.

If you want to do a try only to avoid to waste a disc, you can choose use a rewritable to do an “on-fly” copy.

Hope this can help

So you’re saying that CloneCD didn’t bother with that possibility? I have actually some copyrighted CD’s which are multisession (The 7th Guest) and mixed-mode (Encyclopedia Brittanica). I tried to do a CD-to-CD copy with Nero on a multisession CD I originally created with Nero (!), and though the burn was flawless and I can see the tracks with Isobuster, the CD doesn’t work (isn’t recognized by Explorer).

Scan your CD’s using aray scanner www.aray-software.com so we know the protection (if there’s any) and post your result here.

Sorry for mistake. :doh: Mine was not a statement. I sayd that usually multisession discs are self-made. Obviously, if a CD have some form of copy-protection you need a software to bypass this protection.

My suggestion was that for a self-made multisession CD is not necessary to buy a software like cloneCD because nero is sufficient.

Hope this clarify my post :slight_smile:

[04:35:34] — File(s) Scan Finished [57.60s] —

It also said the CD had 2 data tracks and 0 audio tracks.

This appears to be a CD without copy protection, correct? It should, as it’s quite a few years old. So the only problem is the ability of CloneCD (or Nero) to make a perfect copy of a multisession CD. Can anyone help with that?

CCD and Nero can both make a copy of your CD, regardless of it being multisessioned. Just try it.