Cloning a Clone

vbimport

If I were to take my DVD that has already been ripped and Processed onto DVD by CloneDVD, and then re run CloneDVD on it to make a second copy would it compress it or process it further or will it just do an exact copy, IE: would I be better off re doing the whole thing from the original or would the copy be good enough,

I often just use the ReadISO/WriteISO functions in DVDD 3.1.4.0.
Some other proggies let you ‘burn on the fly’ if you have a dvd-rom and a burner…

Originally posted by MadBob
If I were to take my DVD that has already been ripped and Processed onto DVD by CloneDVD, and then re run CloneDVD on it to make a second copy would it compress it or process it further or will it just do an exact copy, IE: would I be better off re doing the whole thing from the original or would the copy be good enough,

The last use case “Write existing data” should be used, this makes an exact copy.

Thanks,

I just tried that and first it took my system down, but I was surfing at the time so it could be put down to that,

and then started to burn another copy and it took over 30 minutes to burn to 4x media, I am thinking this might relate to my Toshiba 1402 DVD reader? which I think reads at 6x, I am guessing that I need an 8x reader to keep up with a 4x burner,

do I need to look for a faster DVD reader? and if so which Toshiba would you recommend (that can be firmware patched to region free like this one has been) I would hope that it will increase my general DVD ripping speed to,

just read around and found that the old Toshiba DVD ROM drives rip at 2x :frowning: so I have oredered a LiteOn XJ-HD165H

Copy the already recorded DVD to disk as an .ISO with the third user case. A fast DVD reader helps.

Then write the .ISO also using the third user case :slight_smile: again a 4x writer and media helps.

Cheers FutureProof,

I have a Pioneer 106D and Datawrite (Ritek) 4x DVD-R media, which I already know burn at 4x with no problems, the crash I think was down to my buggy POS outpost firewall

Ripping to an ISO and then writing will just be as slow as DVD > DVD which took 30mins so I have decided on a new DVD reader,