CloneXXL & Clonecd4 & MOHAA

vbimport

Well, this is my first post after I read, read, read...hehe. I got what looked like a successful back-up of MOHAA with my LG CED-8081B for the two disks using the above programs. Looked like it installed alright. Go to start game and it freezes on the splash screen. Originally had Win2000 running, read that "hide CDR media" does not work with NT based OS. So, I re-install to Win ME. Still does not work(shaded out), so I decided to buy an additional 52x cd-rom drive. Still the same freeze at start-up. Then I find the patch that enables "Hide CDR media" Hey! It appears unshaded! Well, check it and MOH still freezes at splash screen. Am I missing something else?

cheers,

:eek: Grimace :eek:

hide media doesnt work because you live in USA. Try changing your region in windows to Canada, and it should work.

Yeah, I got hide cdr media to work. I live in Canada. Had to use the patch like I stated in the previous post. Still freezes at splash screen on startup.

Originally posted by Grimace
Yeah, I got hide cdr media to work. I live in Canada. Had to use the patch like I stated in the previous post. Still freezes at splash screen on startup.

I’m sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but does MOHAA run on your computer with the original disks? I’m just wondering whether this is a video driver issue that’s causing the problem and not the backup disk. Just thought I’d ask.

Yeah, it runs with the original disks. Good point though!

cheers,

Grimace, a couple more questions:

• Have you tried upgrading your backup install of MOHAA to v1.11 with the latest MOHAA upgrade patch, and then seeing if your backup works?

• Does your backup work with an original install of the game?

Good point. I just downloaded/installed the patch to 1.11. Still freezes at splash screen.
The backup did not work with the original install of the game as well.
At the startup of the game it freezes at the splash screen, but I also noticed that the cd is still running, looking for something.
Isn’t there a nocd patch somewhere? I can’t find one yet.

cheers,

It is unlikely (read: never) that your writer, LG CED-8081B, will produce a working SD2 backup. This device is on the Top Ten of poor readers (read: insultingly bad) :frowning: It has the worst write strategies and the worst media compatibility issues of almost any 8x writer. The GCE was the one to get…

Originally posted by Grimace
Isn’t there a nocd patch somewhere? I can’t find one yet.

You could always use DAEMON Tools with CloneCD to make your backup. That’s what I use when I can’t get my Plex 40x to do a good backup.

Thanks Flash and Future…Appreciate the insight. Time to convince the Wife I NEED a new writer…haha. Wish me luck!

cheers,

Heheh good luck :slight_smile:

Writer aren’t that expensive anymore, especially the Lite-On models…