CloneDVD2 vs DVDSrink

There are two excelent programs - DVDSrink and CloneDVD2. Either DVDSrink and CloneDVD2 work fine. DVDSrink is free but CloneDVD2 is not. I wonder why users of CloneDVD2 decided to waste money and bue CloneDVD2 instead to use free DVDSrink?

It’s an easier program to use, at least if you’re a beginner. Shrink is no longer updated, so you must rely on DVD Decrypter to backup some Sony titles.

Shrink has more tweak options. If I had to pick one now, then I would also go with Shrink.

i don’t mind paying for clone dvd, its a good program and not that expensive really. it gives me great results when i backup my collection. mind you i’m sure shrink would to if i tried it…

And the great advantage of CloneDVD 2 it was that CloneDVD delete completey stream we don’t want and not Shrkin that’s only compress it…

Can you be more specific? My tests show that Shrink does remove the selected video, audio, and subtitle tracks.

Maybe you are right because I haven’t use it for a long time and now maybe Shrink delete completely the title we don’t want. When I used it for last time, we can delete audio stream and subtitle but for title (as bonus title), Shrink didn’t delete completely.

I have the latest version of Shrink 3.2. Perhaps the older versions have these issues.

i think the diff is that when removing a title in re-author mode, shrink doesn’t retain functional menus like CloneDVD2 does.

AFAIK in disc copy mode (keeping menus) Shrink cannot remove titles completely as CloneDVD does. Further, the required “pre-scan” is annoying.

i think the diff is that when removing a title in re-author mode, shrink doesn’t retain functional menus like CloneDVD2 does.

This is why I use CloneDVD. I don’t even use it to compress the DVD’s anymore, but I used to. Now I use DVD-rebuilder with CCE to compress them, but I still use CloneDVD for the removal of languages and titles before hand. Having to watch trailers before the movie is plain annoying. Its the simplest to understand and use, IMO.

DVDshrink just lets you remove languages and subtitles while retaining menu functionality. In reauthor mode, you can remove whatever titles you want but it kills menu functionality.

Please elaborate “Shrink cannot remove titles completely as CloneDVD does”.

In reauthor mode, I still can select various AUDIO, SUB TITLE, and ANGLE modes from my remote control. There is no need to display the main menu. Are we talking about the ability to select those Special Features found in some movies?

The 2-3 min prescan is very annoying. However, even with the prescan, Nero Recode is still faster than CloneDVD. Shrink is VERY slow when compressing movies.

But result of this compressing is fine!

I have no problem with the QUALITY of compression using Shrink. Certainly not better or worse than any other shrink proggies.

There is no need to display the main menu.

I like having the menus, so I use CloneDVD. For copying the movie only I can understand why people could care less about the menu, but I find myself backing up DVD’s of TV shows more than anything else.

DVDshrink is an amazing program for what it is. I mean for all it does, its free, lol. CloneDVD just suits my needs better at this time.

I HAVE TRY MORE THAN 20 SOFTWARES TO COPYDVD INCLUDING CLONEDVD2 AND DVDSHRINK.

AND FOR MY PREFERENCE CLONEDVD2 IS THE BEST ONE!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yes for me it’s important to keep the menu.
So it’s the reason of my choice for CloneDVD and it’s easy to use it and the quality is very good.

The question wasn`t WHAT program is better. Question is WHY you prefer CloneDVD2.

DVDsrink has very important feature - it can resize chapter. DVDClone2 can`t do it.

It’s CloneDVD, not DVDClone.

The question wasn`t WHAT program is better. Question is WHY you prefer CloneDVD2.

I prefer CloneDVD2 for the same reason I prefer “wasting” my money on a car instead of walking which is free. walking will get me where I want to go it just takes a whole lot longer to get there. ( kinda like shrink)

my goal is to back up a DVD and I prefer using the program that is easy to use has the features I want and doesnt take all day to accomplish the task. using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD it takes me on average between 14-16 min to rip AND burn a copy of my DVD. persoannly I have better things to do with my computer than waiting an hour or more for Shrink to accomplish only ONE step in the back up process.

DVDsrink has very important feature - it can resize chapter. DVDClone2 can`t do it.

very important to you maybe but irrelevant to me. and since I am not interested in resizing chapters then it is a worthless feature to me. but to someone who desires that feature it would certainly be an important consiideration in their choice of what program to use.

in the end Both programs are capable of performing the task. so both are capable of meeting my needs. but only one meets my wants and in the end that is really how we decide which program to use.