CloneDVD2 Trial Period

vbimport

Hey does anyone know how CloneDVD2 knows you’ve used the trial period before? I used to just redownload the install file and it gives me another 21 days, but I think the newest version has some kind of thing that knows its been installed on a particular machine before.

Any ideas to how I can keep using the free trial?

Hey does anyone know how CloneDVD2 knows you’ve used the trial period before? I used to just redownload the install file and it gives me another 21 days, but I think the newest version has some kind of thing that knows its been installed on a particular machine before.

Any ideas to how I can keep using the free trial?

You could buy it. It seems you like their product and must have used it for a while. If you like it and use it, why dont you support the author. Otherwise try a freeware program such as DVD Shrink.

What are the odds that will happen? He’s trying to get stuff for free. I’d say its 99.9% likely that’s why he is using the program to begin with. To help him get other stuff for free. I’d imagine that’s a big problem for developers in this market. A little loyalty and thanks to the facilitator of one’s endeavors wouldn’t kill a person, folks… Then again, the **AA folks would see the irony.

Thanks for the big tip, pollushon! I never thought of acctually buying it before! It all makes sense to me now! Oh, and what’s this DVD Shrink that you speak of? I’ve never heard of such a program before. I will be sure to check it out right away! I’m glad the world has you around to give such sound advice!

:rolleyes:

And thank you, zamboniguy, for your inspiring insight! Like pollushon, you too are a great asset to the world!

:rolleyes:

Ouch. Hate me all you want guys. I’m just a poor college student trying to squeeze every penny.

Every time I use a great program I refer it to many people who have a use for it. Who knows, maybe they’ll be the ones to acctually buy it. Is that not supporting the developers? (That was a rhetorical question guys, please do not attempt to post a reply to it) I would invite them all to my house for hearty dinner of mac & cheese, but somehow I doubt they would come.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have the sudden urge to blurt out their opinion, even if it’s not asked for. If you are willing to help me, then help me. Otherwise move the **** on.

And please, do not turn this thread in to a flame war. Lets just keep this plain and simple, folks. All I wanted to do was ask if anyone knew how CloneDVD2 was able to recognize that it has been previously installed, and what I could do to bypass it.

Now, if there’s anyone out there who is still willing to help me after reading all that, I thank you in advance. (And will certainly still thank you later by sending you a lovely mac & cheese dinner–I can afford to spare one packet) However, I doubt anyone will help me now since they’ve probably decided that I’m an ass and a cheapskate. I guess, though, it is a possibility that no one here knows the answer.

Well if it does turn into one, I’d dare say you began it. Bypassing the trial is known as a crack or patch and is illegal. I’m not saying I’m a perfect law abiding citizen, but this site’s main and simple rule is ‘keep it legal’. You should maybe try a forum more suited to your needs.

And you obviously think your the only one.

I think your sarcastic reply to zamboniguy post and mine has pretty much spoiled any chance you have of getting help. Let alone the fact you asked how to aquire something that should be paid for for free. In the non virtual real world this is known as stealing.

Actually quite a lot of people here do but, guess what, no-one’s going to tell you. :stuck_out_tongue:

What you want to do is illegal and against the forum rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum. What’s more, even if it weren’t illegal, given that Olli is a long time and highly respected member of the forum, we wouldn’t tell you anyway.

Thread closed. :cop: