Clonedvd2 ripping speed

vbimport

resently try clonedvd2 and anydvd latest version every thing work find, but when ripping with clonedvd2 seem to be ripped at 2x speed never rip faster than 2x, I wonder any body can rip faster than 2x with clonedvd2, I did backup 2 movies for my kids “care bear” and “yu-gi-oh the movies” both rip at the same 2x speed (30min), I try with anydvd and dvdshrink 3.2, dvdshrink ripped at 8x (8min) on both movies, I don’ know what cause clonedvd2 always rip at 2x any body noted this, or I missing some thing in clonedvd2. (trail version),
here I did try enb/disable in anydvd fast/noise no change ???
DVD-ROM 120S
DVD-Record plextor 708A
PC 1.2GHZ, 40GHD, 512MB

Thanks

might it be that you did only rip with dvdshrink, not using the compression?
as far as i know, clonedvd always transcodes while ripping, so it might be your slow cpu (for dvd transcoding it is slow… :wink: ), so this might explain the speed difference…

Razor1982,
I think it’s not true about slow cpu speed,
“clonedvd always transcodes while ripping” even with dvd 5 no compression ?
that sound is not right either,
when I ripped with dvdshrink the bar show 100% no compression and clonedvd2 show the same 100% (green) no compression, on the log tab clonedvd2 show no transcodes apply to dvd.
so how come dvdshrink v3.2 took 8min to rip, and clonedvd2 took 30min to rip
dvd5 ? I’m expecting dvdclone2 rip faster than dvdshrink or the same speed, because clonedvd2 is pay version

Thanks

I think it’s not true about slow cpu speed,

for dvd transcoding 1,2GHz IS slow… :wink:

“clonedvd always transcodes while ripping” even with dvd 5 no compression ?

you did not tell this in your first thread, so where should i have known?!?

I’m expecting dvdclone2 rip faster than dvdshrink or the same speed, because clonedvd2 is pay version

you cannot argue that way, in general, a software does not have to be faster just because you’d have to pay it - maybe (not linked to cloneDVD in this case) a “pay-software” might be slower, because it works more precise… :wink:

I have a pentium 3 550 , the whole process including burning at 4x is 35 mins for a dvd9 to dvd5 no compression

I have a Pentium 4 3 GHz HT Technology, ripping at 2x speed MAX while running other programs, and it’s not slow. It took me 15 minutes to rip. As for burning at 2x speed, 25 minutes on a DVD-5.