CloneDVD2 Preview and Subtitles Question

I just made backups of two movies using the latest preview version. In both cases I removed all except the English subtitles. Now, when I start up the movie, the English subtitles are enabled automatically requiring me to turn them off if I don’t want them on (which is anytime I am not watching a director’s commentary). Is this a bug or a feature?

Another question. When you play most movies, the dvd actually plays more than 1 title (i.e. it may play a ratings scene, a studio logo, the actual movie, and then some closing stuff like a macrovision logo). Is removing the extra material likely to ever cause any problems with any dvd players or is it part of the DVD standard that if something is missing it is simply skipped.

Thanks!

Hi,

> I just made backups of two movies using the latest preview version. In both cases I removed all except the English subtitles. Now, when I start up the movie, the English subtitles are enabled automatically requiring me to turn them off if I don’t want them on (which is anytime I am not watching a director’s commentary). Is this a bug or a feature? <

Did you copy with or without menu?
If you copy without menu, you can usually set the default behaviour in your dvd player preferences.

> Another question. When you play most movies, the dvd actually plays more than 1 title (i.e. it may play a ratings scene, a studio logo, the actual movie, and then some closing stuff like a macrovision logo). Is removing the extra material likely to ever cause any problems with any dvd players or is it part of the DVD standard that if something is missing it is simply skipped. <

Using CloneDVD it won’t cause any problems.

Originally posted by qwoperui

Is removing the extra material likely to ever cause any problems with any dvd players