CloneDVD2 Placyback Problem

I am using the lastest version of CloneDVD2 (version 2.8.9.9), but anytime I burn a movie the copy will not play correctly in my DVD player. When I put the copied disc into the DVD player it takes longer than usual to start up and once the movie starts, it will play fine for a few moments and then stop for about 3 - 8 seconds and then start playing again. This happens throughout the entire movie. This has happened on quite a few discs that I have copied in the recents months. I’ve tried the discs on different DVD players and I get the same results, but when I play them through my computer they work fine. I never had this problem in the past, it seems like it just started a few months ago. I am using DVD+R discs from Fujifilm.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What dvd _movie. Try different media -fuji made in japan is great media. Use dvd identifier or nero speed to see the media id. Maybe a little info on your computer ,ram etc. If your in the US-best buy has verbatim for $15.00 for 50. Do other pressed dvds play fine in dvd player?? good luck. Also do you use the latest anydvd with clonedvd?? Sorry I have more questions but lets start with these.

Scotton thanks for your help. The last DVD movie I tried was Date Movie, I also noticed the problem on a few other discs I tried to burn: Four Brothers, Team America: World Police and Red Eye. I have Dell Dimension 4550 with a NEC DVD +RW Drive Model # ND-1100A. I running on a 2.66 Ghz P4 processor with 1 GB of RAM. I am using the latest version of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD. All other pressed DVD’s play fine in the stand alone DVD player.

$15.00 for 50 Verbatim DVD’s sounds like a pretty sweet deal, I will look into that next time I am at Best Buy, thanks for the tip.

Hope this info helps, if you need more let me know. Thanks again.

I think the best thing to do is update your firmware and see if that solves your problem. Your nec 1100a is only a 4x writer and you can go to nec.com to update the firmware if you have not done that already or its time to upgrade to a 16x drive. If you go to the firmware on cdfreaks its 1.a3 for the nec 1100A and says you can write plus at 8x. It seems like this drive can only write plus??

@ mkveli2pac,

Suggest visiting Herrie’s Web Site (http://www.herrie.org) for firmware for your NEC-1100. At Herrie’s Web Site you will be able to find Auto Bit Setting and Rip Lock firmware for your NEC-1100.

Best Regards,
bkjg

Scotton and bjkg, I appreciate all of your help. I updated the firmware as both of you instructed and I finally got a chance to burn something and it playback perfect. Thanks again for all of the help.