CloneDVD2 newbie questions

I am new and trying to decide whether to buy the product or not. I am really interested! I have been reading about the product in the forums and on the other sites. I am able to use the program to just copy dvd’s but I am not sure how to actually use the tricks and benefits of this program because it is a little complicated. I noticed that this was one of the better forums to post in so I wanted to try and get a response from yal since I couldn’t find any information I was looking for.

Keep in mind this is specifically for CloneDVD2

I don’t understand why on all the guides and such they don’t explain what each “Output Method” is used for. When I right click it gives me a small explanation but I am new and I need newbie explanations. I don’t understand a lot of these big terms that the people are using in the forums.

1. I don’t understand how the splitting stuff works. How do you split the dvd’s? I need step by step instructions… WITH explanations so that I can understand what each step is doing and what each part does so that I can better understand how the whole program works and how to tweak it to my desired preferences. Let me know where I can find more informaton because I know that no one wants to sit here and type up these instructions… I have looked in a lot of places… so please don’t just direct me to the author site or anything like that… I have looked in all the places that the author site has listed under their support link… now I am just looking for a verterin to help me out.
  1. ISO/UDF image - this output option is not explained in any of the manuals, guides, or on any of the forums… they mention it and what it is but I need someone to explain in newbie terms what it is and why would I use it. Right now I have just been using the “DVD files” option to save dvd’s on my hard disk… and then burning them to dvd media disks. (you might decide to explain each of the outputs for me and what they would be used for {advantages and disadvantages} because when you answer if you don’t discuss in detail I will probably just have a bunch more questions (not to be rude, but I like to know my tools “inside-out”))Thanks!

Please answer me and let me know where I can talk to someone and get help or point me to somewhere where newbies can find out what all these big terms mean and what each part plays in the whole process.

Thanks a whole lot!!!

Bigman1984

Moved to CloneDVD forum…

Bigman1984 –

Welcome to the Forum.

First off to prevent any confusion suggest visiting either SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) or Elaborate Bytes (http://www.elby.ch) and ensure that you are using the most current up to date version which at this present time/date is CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.1.

Have you reviewed the informative CloneDVD & AnyDVD Guide by MadBob ?

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Also if you are unaware you can access the CloneDVD User Manual by clicking on the Help icon located on the top right-hand corner of CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.1.

BeLooken

hi Bigman1984,
and welcome to cdfreaks.

1. I don’t understand how the splitting stuff works. How do you split the dvd’s? I need step by step instructions… WITH explanations so that I can understand what each step is doing and what each part does so that I can better understand how the whole program works and how to tweak it to my desired preferences. Let me know where I can find more informaton because I know that no one wants to sit here and type up these instructions… I have looked in a lot of places… so please don’t just direct me to the author site or anything like that… I have looked in all the places that the author site has listed under their support link… now I am just looking for a verterin to help me out…

under the preview window you will see a pair of scissors click on it and then you will see the chapters and 2 sliders.
to slide the sliders click and hold the right slider and move it to the left until it shows 100% in the meter. that will be disc 1
then after you burn that use the back button till you see the preview screen and then move the left slider to the right where the right slider was and that will be disc 2. i admit it’s alittle confusing at first but you should get the hang of it.

1. ISO/UDF image - this output option is not explained in any of the manuals, guides, or on any of the forums… they mention it and what it is but I need someone to explain in newbie terms what it is and why would I use it. Right now I have just been using the “DVD files” option to save dvd’s on my hard disk… and then burning them to dvd media disks. (you might decide to explain each of the outputs for me and what they would be used for {advantages and disadvantages} because when you answer if you don’t discuss in detail I will probably just have a bunch more questions (not to be rude, but I like to know my tools “inside-out”))Thanks!

these are about the same
1.) Copy DVD Titles =
is when you just want the main movie and nothing else.
2.) Clone DVD =
is when you want all the content on the movie.
3.) Write Existing Data =
when you drag and drop or use some other way to put the files or an image onto your hdd

Please answer me and let me know where I can talk to someone and get help or point me to somewhere where newbies can find out what all these big terms mean and what each part plays in the whole process.

Thanks a whole lot!!!

Bigman1984

hope this helps you out

I see… that really helped me out with the “splitting” option… thanks a lot…

But the deal with the ISO/UDF image… I actually already knew what the three original menus were… Copy DVD Titles, Clone DVD, and Write Exiting Data.

What I was actually asking was … when you get to that last screen right before you hit “GO”… what is the difference between those three top options at the top right of the window. ISO/UDF image - this is the option I don’t understand… I don’t understand what the difference between the three options are and why you would use one over the other. I think that the ISO/UDF image makes a single file with everthing in it but I don’t really understand why you would use it… I am really confused.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback.

Yes, I have made sure I have the appropriate software. Also, I have looked at the slysoft.com page and all their links. They have some useful guides and stuff but they don’t explain what the pro’s and con’s are for each option that you can use in the guide. So, it has confused me and now I am not sure what options I use for different things that I want to do, like I said, I wan’t to know how to use it inside-out so that I can get the desired result that I want. So far I love these products, but they are very confusing and not very user friendly, but I love it anyway because I like to be able to tweak everything I do.

Like I said in my first thread… I have already searched the user manuals… I have read MadBob’s and the CloneDVD user manual… and some others on other sites that are linked from the CloneDVD / Slysoft web site. In MadBob’s manual he has the little window/picture showing what it says about the “ISO/UDF image” option… but he doesn’t say why you should use it or why you would use it over the other two options… I know the left option saves a dvd video file on your computer hard drive and the right option writes files to a DVD media disk. But the “ISO/UDF image” option… I don’t understand why you would use it for archiving rather than the “DVD files” option - which also saves the dvd video to the hard drive.

Some people rip the disc to .iso and burn it with Nero CD/DVD Speed so they can look at how it burned and run a few tests. Some keep it on their hdd to view/burn later etc…

your welcome

But the deal with the ISO/UDF image… I actually already knew what the three original menus were… Copy DVD Titles, Clone DVD, and Write Exiting Data.

What I was actually asking was … when you get to that last screen right before you hit “GO”… what is the difference between those three top options at the top right of the window. ISO/UDF image - this is the option I don’t understand… I don’t understand what the difference between the three options are and why you would use one over the other. I think that the ISO/UDF image makes a single file with everthing in it but I don’t really understand why you would use it… I am really confused.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback.

sorry i misunderstood the 2nd question.
like rolling said it just depends on what you want to do with them.