CloneDVD2 - copying

Hi there, im new to this forum and i did do a search before this so if you guys could help me out, id really appreciate it.

The dvd that i tried to copy was originally in Region: 1

After using the copy dvd and removing the menus in CloneDVD2, and writing it onto a DVD (maxell). using the “dvd writer” option.

after burning sucessfully without any errors, my AnyDVD anaylzed the “Copied” DVD and this is the info that i get:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.8.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: WEATHERMAN
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Is there anyway we could tell CloneDVD2 to burn directly to Region 1? or will all DVDS copied change to region free.

thanks a lot!

welcome to the forum xpy
anydvd did it’s job and removed the css protection and made it region free.
there should be no problem of you playing this movie in any dvd player from around the world… all dvds will be region free.

all backed up dvds will become region free. that means it can be played on all players.

out of curiosity why would you want to create a region locked dvd? at the moment that backup you’ve made is compatible with all NTSC capable standalones.

yes your right reasonsnotrule…i forgot to add ntsc format in my last post…

also, @ the original poster:

you’re several anydvd versions out of date. always staying up to date is the only way to be sure you can handle the newest copy protectiosn!

Hiya, thanks for the replies

the thing is my dvd player can only play NTSC region 1 locked,

and i thought of the only play to bypass this problem is to copy the file into an .iso and then burn it onto a dvd using dvd decrypter in region 1.

thanks again

all dvd players are locked to their region. that’s why anydvd removes it from the dvd so it can play on any ntsc dvd player in any region…so it should play in your dvd player