CloneDVD2 copy problem

vbimport

Hi all,

This is my first post so be gentle with me. After successfully copying DVD’s in the past I am having problems with my latest attempt. About 5min/5% into the copy I get the following error message;

“Error creating DVD files”
Creation of DVD files was not successful:
Invalid block start code (PS 10 VOBU 4 621 8 Clone 6 TCE)

I’ve gone through the other threads and haven’t been able to find something similar. Not sure what additional info people will need to help so just ask and I’ll try to supply it.

Thanks in advance.

-Ozspearo.

Ok, here a start what version of cloneDVD are you using and what media are you backingup? What kinda burner do you have and what is its latest firmware?

Ok, these are the stats;

CloneDVD2 version is 2.0.8.4 (I think).

I’m trying to back up my son’s original DVD copy of ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ (Region 4).

I’m using a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S on my new Asus A8JP laptop.

Not sure of the firmware but it’s a new laptop so I would imagine it is the latest.

Cheers.

FYI your CloneDVD is a old version update it to 2.9.0.3. Also how new is new? Also remember what you bought as new might been there for 6 months or so…it’s always good to check the manufacture site for software and firmware updated. Plus Narnia is CSS and has protection so CloneDVD won’t be able to do backup of that media. You will need AnyDVD running in the background to bypass protection to backup your media.

Also make sure your media is clean surface when you try to backup the media…dust and oily fingers on the reading media surface does cause reading problem…