CloneDVD2/AnyDVD CSS Problems

Hey Forum, this is my first post, meaning I really need the help!

Currently running CloneDVD2 (v2.8.5.1) and AnyDVD (v2.8.4.1) and for the first time have experienced the CloneDVD pop-up:

“This DVD is copy-protected…”

So, for some reason, AnyDVD is NOT removing CSS on the fly or working in conjunction with CloneDVD. This is very odd to me. I have tried multiple DVDs that I have copied in the past and regardless, all have the same problem. Any suggestions would be apprecited.

I have removed and re-installed CloneDVD, restarted the computer, put the DVD in, then loaded the program and vice-versa, have re-enabled AnyDVD…all the usual quick fixes. What’s going on here!!! Never have had issues with these programs since I started using them years ago.

DVDBurner: Plextor DVDR 716SA (v1.09)

I think you meant anydvd 5841. Make sure anydvd is running-You can see the red fox on you start up task bar on your right bottom. If its not there then you have to load it so its running. Hope this helps you-Its a guess.

Yes, AnyDVD (v5.8.4.1) is running, the FOX is Red for all DVDs intserted. Thanks for the reply though.

Hi :slight_smile:
You could try unticking box marked Use CSS Archive, in settings. Or beta 5901, same thread as 5900.

Hah, once again, had given that option a try and no luck. However, I must ask how upgrading my AnyDVD would make any difference when the older verison had no problem with the discs I had copied in the past.

Right click the fox and make sure enable anydvd at the top of the list is checked.
If this has inadvertantly gotten unchecked, it will remain unchecked even when you upgrade.

Once again, thanks for the reply, however, as mentioned in the original post, “enable AnyDVD” has been, enabled. Yeah, all quick fixes that I am aware of and have read about in the forums have been tried. I’m trying to figure out why the 2 programs aren’t communicating.

have you made any recent changes to your system? anything that might cause a software conflict?

this is a strange issue indeed.

I’m sure you tried deleting/reinstalling anydvd…

hmmmm

this seems like a toughie…i’d shoot an email possible to slysoft’s support page and let know know every step you’ve tried already.

there has to be something unique about your system. this is the only case that i’ve seen anydvd just stop working altogether.

when you put a disc in, does anydvd recognize it at all? (ie do you get an info window? if so, please post it)

It is very strange. I will probably bug SlySoft, but otherwise, it could take a clean install of the whole system to find a glitch with another program.

And yes, I will attempt another deletion/reinstall of AnyDVD

Thanks for the help, below is some INFO:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 5.8.4.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1920864 sectors (3751 MBytes)
Total size: 3143879 sectors (6140 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JOESCHMO_3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I’m having the exact same problem as you.

I’m having the same problem you are with my clone any dvd2.

I’m also having the exact same problem as you with my clone dvd2. It leaving the exact same message you are receving.

One more time please.:doh:

For what it’s worth, after upgrading AnyDVD to 5.9.1.1, the very first DVD I went to copy gave me the same message, indicating that the DVD was copy protected and couldn’t be copied with CloneDVD2. I double-checked everything w/ AnyDVD and all was set correctly.

I ejected the DVD, reloaded it, made sure it has plenty of time to spin up and be read, then restarted CloneDVD2 and didn’t get the message this time. Sort-of strange.

The DVD I was attempting to copy was several years old so I know it wasn’t something “new” with the DVD that may have been causing the problem. This may have just been a fluke but that error message certainly caught me off guard.

Jeff

Exact same seems to be a redundancy, me thinks…

I thought the exact same thing, bilbo :slight_smile:

To members who download and install an AnyDVD update without rebooting immediately afterward (without trying to use AnyDVD first) or members who (in some few instances) run the setup installation for the new update while AnyDVD is running in the system tray:

… this may be the cause of the exact same similar identical problem replication previously mentioned before on this thread … by people having that same problem in concurrent parallelness.

:bigsmile:

oh oh. i updated with anydvd running! should rerun the update, turning anydvd off first? my system tray icon does say version 5991, and i did reboot right after.

anydvd shuts down any previous running versions as a part of the installation process. if you didn’t getting any error messages DURING install then it’s probably not a problem.

then again, another fresh install can’t hurt if you’re having problems with the software :slight_smile:

An update from the future! Is there a time warp?..Must mean 5.9.1.1…