Clonedvd2 & anydvd 6.0.9.9 - problems copying

vbimport

I was given a new laptop for Xmas and have since been trying to copy all of our dvds as the kids keep scratching the originals. Anyway from checking out the internet I decided to try the trial version of clonedvd & anydvd. I have had quite a few movies that I cannot copy and keep getting a message from clonedvd2 saying that dvd is css encoded so cannot copy and the anydvd basically says failed to read dvd 1. dirty 2. damaged 3. drive is a region locked RPC2 drive. 4. RPC2 not yet assigned a region.

I looked onto the properties of the Matshita DVD-Ram UJ 8502 drive and it is set at region 2. It also says that you can only change it 4 times then never again. I live in Australia which is region 4.

Can anyone please help me. I dont want to wreck my new laptop and want to work out what programs to buy. Please be kind I am very new to burning.

Welcome Newbie2007,

you’re sure you enabled AnyDVD? It removes the used encryption on the DVD and also solves your region lock problem.

Try assigning the correct region code, you do have 4 more times you can change it.

Would be best to use the latest version of AnyDVD too.

If I have only just downloaded the trial version of anydvd over the last 2 weeks wouldnt it be the latest??

How do you enable anydvd?? Í installed and it comes up with messages when there is a problem.

Lastly - if I assign my region (4) and try to copy other region dvds wont I still encounter the same problems??

Sorry if I sound dense, I know some stuff about computers but not about burning.

Nope.

How do you enable anydvd?? Í installed and it comes up with messages when there is a problem.

If the fox is red on your toolbar, then Anydvd is running.

Lastly - if I assign my region (4) and try to copy other region dvds wont I still encounter the same problems??

Nope

Newbie2007,
You have a Matshita DVD-Ram UJ 8502 and it is well known for having region code issues that other drives don’t have. Thank Sony for that. Alan gave you your solution seven hours ago. Credit where credit is due … we learned this from member Tru. If you live in region 4 and your movies are region 4 you must set that Matshita drive to region 4. Then decryption will work.

Regards,
Whisperer

Thanks everyone who has tried to help. I will try to re-burn after changing to region 4.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you … you cannot have AnyDVD running when you change the region of your drive. Right click on the red fox in the system tray and exit AnyDVD first.