Version 2.9.1.1: 2007 08 01

• Fix: Bug introduced in 2.9.1.0, chkdsk could fail on system partition
    under Windows 2000/XP
  • Fix: Bug introduced in 2.9.1.0, registration did not work on Windows 98/ME
  • Fix: Bug introduced in 2.9.1.0, “Init ElbyCDIO failed” error under
    Windows Vista with UAC enabled
  • Some minor changes and improvements
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

I have upgraded to CloneDVD 2.9.1.1 and am happy to report that this update does indeed fix the locked volume issue that affected at least XP and that once again Check Disk functions normally without resorting to a safe boot as well as in my case, an offline or boot time defragmentation that Perfect Disk has.

I hope that the folks at Slysoft will post an update to AnyDVD pronto! that incorporates the updated ElbyCDIO driver that was the “culprit” behind this locked volume issue in XP for those end-users that don’t also have CloneDVD.

…And BEFORE they release any more updates for both CloneDVD or AnyDVD that they fully “beta” test them on sytems besides Vista for those of us that are holding off on switching to Vista for reasons that are tooo long to list here

SaphireX

WHEW! I spent about 8 hours over the last 2 days trying to figure out why chkdsk was failing at boot - I had installed the latest Windows XP updates, a few other programs, and the latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I would never have thought that AnyDVD and CloneDVD could affect things in the XP pre-boot environment! Has SlySoft mentioned HOW this happened? What drivers or other components they install could lock the volume before Windows is fully booted?

Glad I checked for the latest updates – this had me stumped!

I blame SlySoft for being blearily tired the last couple of days due to staying up late trying to fix this. Nyaaa! :frowning:

• Tim

P.S. But thanks for the fix. :slight_smile:

They are very good at updates, not all is perfect all the time but they try very hard.:iagree:

New one is version 2.9.1.2

Yes and I beat him to the punch as well this morning.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=225472

Yes, just released with a new version of AnyDVD also. These programs are awesome.:bow:

The people at Slysoft and Fengtao have saved me much $$$ since I can now back up all of my bought and paid for DVD’s with each companies line of products!!

Thanks!!!

:slight_smile: