CloneDVD2 2.0.8.4

vbimport

This just started happening a few days ago and it’s blowing my mind. I’ve copied many movies with CloneDVD 2. After ripping the dvd with SmartRipper I use CloneDVD to do the rest. It creates the files for burning the dvd and then it doesn’t burn it to the dvd. I keep seeing idle on the burn screen and it never starts the dvd burn cycle. It worked perfectly before, then wham, it stopped working. I have upgraded the version several times without incident. What is causing this to happen, and how can it be fixed? Thanks for any help.:a

i emailed elby 2 days ago asking them the same question but to date have not gotten a reply.:frowning:

Hopefully the above posters will acknowledge that you don’t
have to constantly update a program just because a newer
version is released. Don’t try to fix something that’s not broken.
Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

true enough. but this problem started before i updated the last two versions, so a problem has been around for a while. why elby doesn’t answer and address this issue leaves much to question the credibility of their people.

I am sure they working on it…
be patient :slight_smile:

Originally posted by quirky9
I am sure they working on it…
be patient :slight_smile:

No, because the original poster didn’t say something like
“After updating from CloneDVD 2.x.x.x to 2.x.x.x the following change in behaviour happened…”
According to mthe original post anything could have changed on the system - busmaster drivers, modem drivers :wink:

olli,

thanks for your reply. the version i was using was 2.0.5.3 and things were very well. on one burning run of several originals (version 2.0.5.3 worked great…until) backup was not being recognized. why 3 burns took and the rest didn’t and is no longer able to is my question. it was only then i updated 2.0.8.3 after your post statinig difficulties. i had assumed that 2.0.8.4 was the resolution and it was not.

similar recognition is not happening with cdclone v.4 one day i could burn and the next day i can’t --same v.4 hope this can help at your end. thanks john

to 2.0.8.4 when the program stopped working properly. I have always updated to the newest version before without incident. Nothing else on my system has changed in several weeks.

I am running a AMD Athlon 2400 with a e-GeForce FX 5700LE graphics card, with 1 gig of memory.

After creating the files for burning the dvd, it just stops and doesn’t burn to the Pioneer A05 DVD burner. It shows idle at the bottom of the screen and just sits without burning.

Very strange…

I’ve a athlon Xp 3000+, Geforce FX 5200 and the same burner as you and no problem with 2.0.8.4 !!!

Do you burn directly and automatically after the transcoding step or in a seperated time… I mean, for me, I always do :

• rip with DVDdecrypter
  • Transcode with clonedVD2 (2.0.8.4) - movie only + menu into HDD
  • verify the transcoded files with windvd on HDD
  • burn this generated files again with cloneDVD into DVD-R(W)

I’ve firmware 1.33 for my burner, what’s yours ?

Hope this can help…

I have the same version (1.33) of firmware that you do for my Pioneer A05. I let it do it automatically. It always worked before, so why would I want to change it?

I can burn DVDs (after using SmartRipper) with Nero 6.3.1.10 without any problems whatsoever. I liked CloneDVD because it was easier to burn the dvds (less steps). I guess I’ll have to use Nero until this gets resolved, if it ever does.

Live and learn.

the reply i got today was that they couldn’t reproduce the effect in their laboratories and that they will keep an eye on the situation… which leaves the rest of us stuck with software which is not supported.:a

“leaves much to question the credibility of their people”
“which leaves the rest of us stuck with software which is not supported”

Looks supported to me, anyone else? As a desktop support tech, I completely understand frustrations with troubleshooting. So, pissing off the company that would’ve attempted to help you is a great idea.

Not sure if this applies to anyone- I thoroughly believe that Windows should be reinstalled cleanly once a year.

Just install ANYDVD and make your copies that way.
It works great!!

Originally posted by THE COPIER
Just install ANYDVD and make your copies that way.
It works great!!

Yup, I agree, I just let it rip and transcode at the same time, about 20-25 minutes for a whole movie transcoded and burnt

Not sure if this applies to anyone- I thoroughly believe that Windows should be reinstalled cleanly once a year.

I normally go every 6 months. I think the longest I ever went without reformatting was 1 year with Windows XP. But XP is just that good. :slight_smile: