CloneDVD writing problem

vbimport

Hi -

I am using CloneDVD2 and it goes through the ripping it to my hardrive but when the message pops up saying i need to insert a recordable media, i go ahead and put a dvd in then it sounds like it starts going but never writes anything. then a few minutes later a msg pops up telling me it failed and i need to insert a recordable media.

now when i put a dvd-r in, it works.

I was just wondering why it never works the first time?

Thank you!

[QUOTE=jkleckn2;2138918]Hi -

I am using CloneDVD2 and it goes through the ripping it to my hardrive but when the message pops up saying i need to insert a recordable media, i go ahead and put a dvd in then it sounds like it starts going but never writes anything. then a few minutes later a msg pops up telling me it failed and i need to insert a recordable media.

now when i put a dvd-r in, it works.

I was just wondering why it never works the first time?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Your giving very limited info to be of much help? We need more hardware specs and software version to be of help here.

I don’t know much about computers. I just got a new HP laptop with dvd burner. And I just downloaded the latest clonedvd2 a few days ago.

this is what it says about the dvd burner:

SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

Hi jkleckn2 and welcome:

Are you trying to backup a commercial (store bought) DVD?

Yes I am.

Chances are excellent that your movie is copy protected. As you’re testing CloneDVD2, you should have downloaded AnyDVD as this is needed to remove the protection.

Here is a link to some guides for these products. If you are using DL media, only use Verbatim (also suggested you use Verbatim for SL as well). Bottom line, stay away from bad media.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f74/clone-dvd-faq-71393/

so you think HP dvd-r dvd+r discs are bad media?

I am using anydvd - and like i said - it always works the second time, just never works the first time.

[QUOTE=jkleckn2;2138937]so you think HP dvd-r dvd+r discs are bad media?

I am using anydvd - and like i said - it always works the second time, just never works the first time.[/QUOTE]

So your saying Anydvd is running and when you use Clonedvd it works on the second try for the hp media right? Could be that you should make sure the burner is updated in firmware by check both hp site and the maker of the burner if you can find out whom made it. I would buy some verbatim if you can and give those a test and see if those work better. As I don’t know if that drives does booktype I can say much else other then check for firmware updates on the burner. What version of Anydvd x.x.x. and Clonedvd x.x.x. are you using could help more?

anydvd 6.4.6.9

clonedvd2

where do i go to check for firmware updates?

Go to the manufacture site and search for your model there they should have the firmware and what type of drive you have if there is a update to your firmware. Also what is your version of CloneDVD?

i just got a message today to update to the newest clonedvd - so i did that. and i am still hvaing the same problems.

If it is a new computer, you may need to set the region code on the burner.

how would i set the region code on the burner?

What OS are you running?

vista

Try the new Version 2.9.2.0.
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2920.exe