CloneDVD v2.8.5.1 speed problem

Hi to all, I am new to this forum but I can see that you are all very knowledgable about the software and I need some expert advice on my problem.

I have been running elby Clone DVD2 v2.0.9.1 and AnyDVD (Version I cannot remember) and my DVD copy time has been around 25-30 minutes (File Creation + Writing).
I had been having some issues with copying certain companies DVD Titles and I thought that the new version of CloneDVD would help so I upgraded to v2.8.5.1, when I had done this my DVD copying time went to 45 minutes (File Creation + Writing).
I have reverted back to the previous version because 45 minutes is really far too long.
If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Gixxed

Mmmh, CloneDVD has never been the fastest, but it is the best ! Nevertheless, speed also depends on your sys specs and hardware…Did you also update AnyDVD ?

I updated both CloneDVD and AnyDVD, the pc spec is a p4 3ghz, 512mb ddr2 ram, Sata 160gb hdd.
I am running a sony dvd reader and a nec dvd recorder. I thought it might be anydvd so I reverted to the previous version of CloneDVD with the new AnyDVD and the speed is good (20-25min’s), but when I use the new version of CloneDVD the time goes upto 60 minutes.

you might also want to re-check your DMA settings.
Make sure that DMA is enabled

if the DMA was disabled why would it be fast with the one version but slow with the other? Is it a version specific setting I have overlooked?