CloneDVD v. 2543 backup problem winth Resident evil2 U.S.A

vbimport

When i try to backup my dvd Resident evil Apocalypse i got this masage
The dvd is region 1 full and widescreen in the same dvd

i have tried several times, and happend the same.

Thanx

Yes, I know about this problem. It will take a while until I receive my disc to check (Resident evil Apocalypse hasn’t even been released officially in the US yet).

@Olli
So is this a CloneDVD problem or a certain protection problem ?

The disc is protected by some kind of “additional” protection like Sony Arccos, but I am not sure, if the error displayed by CloneDVD is caused by the protection or because of a mastering error.
Sometimes the publishers “destroy” discs unintentionally… :Z
But I don’t know until I have the chance to look at this disc myself.

I hope you will get this dvd soon and I hope it is a mastering error and not another “crap” protection like ARccOS which causes problems on some players…

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear: I have already received the .ifo files from this disc from some customers, and it IS protected by some “arccos” type thing. No doubt about it.
But I am not sure, if the CloneDVD Error “DVDManager 5 4 …” is caused “intentionally” by the copy protection, or if they simply made a mistake while implementing their protection.

Ahh, well, now I got it. Monty Burns is an old man, you know and sometimes has problems to understand people :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Nevertheless, an interesting topic, which I will observe…

And without getting on your nerves Olli :slight_smile:
Is this a thingy which one can’t get rid of with latest AnyDVD (4.3.0.1) ?

Also the movie “Little Black Book” made by the same company is doing the same thing as "Resident evil Apocalypse "

Thankyou Olli and all the people that answer the post.

I will wait.

And i know the dvd is not released officially in the US yet but ihave some coneccions to get the dvdmovies a week earlier.

Thanx again.

:bow: :bow:

thank god i found this site ive been playing with it as well i have been using older versions of any and clone dvd so i updated tonight and still after no luck i started searching and found you guys what a sigh of releif to find others as well and yes its nice to have connections to get releases early

Wow, where do you get “Little Black Book”? From Amazon.com Website:
“This item will be released on January 4, 2005.”

I’ve managed to rip Resident Evil: Apocalypse Region 1 US with the software Super DVD Copy v.2. Now i have to compress it with DVDshrink. It took me some time but now is perfect. Many thanks to kindanew2it for the software sugestion

ok i am scannning through my back up as we speak i used super copy dvd ripped the menu / and the widescreen portion to get to 3.68 gig on the hd this is with any dvd off then i used dvd clone and copied using ifo files with any dvd on
just scanned to ending credits looks good
when i ripped
for widescreen in the title / split screen i used 1,2,and 7 7 i believe is the menu which should be 3.68 or so ripped to hd then the rest as posted if someone wants to post results i would guess title 5 is full (same hours) and 4 would be directors commentary
but thanks for this great site im glad i found it!!!

I plead the 5th amendment, on ground that I may INCRIMINATE MYSELF…

:bigsmile:

Hello, a newcomer here, I live in Taiwan and has been encrypting Chinese caption into the Region 1 DVD movies for years. The Resident Evil II is for sure a new encumbrance to me.

I think the problem is in Cell 8 of Chapter 1. I do make a copy by unckecking the Cell 8 of Chapter 1. But I can’t put the Chinese caption into the movie, the M2V and AC3 files can’t match up each other. I can’t help but giving it up.

i got that same error as makabra an i tried to copy it with super dvd copy 2.0 and it was able to do it… it took 44minutes to do a 1:1 copy and then i used clonedvd 2.5.4.3 and anydvd 4.3.0.1 and was able to do a dvd-5 i just finished copying it and will try it in my philips dvd player i´ll post again in a few minutes to give you the results…

im pretty sure that clonedvd will come up with a solution for this in the next version i actually don´t know what the issue is excatly but either the arccos copy right techonology or a really bad bad mastered dvd… anyway ill be back…

“matanga dijo la changa”

im back again…

here´s the story… the last post i made few minutes ago… i indicated that i made a dvd-5 copy with clonedvd and any dvd but… when i tried to copy it with clonedvd as a dvd-5 it errored out… so i did it with nero and i just tried the copies and both worked windescreen and fullscreen.

remember i used super dvd copy 2.0 (that i havent heard from before) that i got from a thread in here…

good luck…!!!

“matanga dijo la changa”

thanx marcheloni i’ll look for super dvd copy.

:bigsmile:

Saw this post and the person says he had no problem copyong Resident Evil 2 with Clone DVD/AnyDVD with region 1. Wonder why it worked for him and not others.
I haven’t tried, not fortunate enough to get the disk yet.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=795388#post795388