CloneDVD v.2.0.8.3 out

vbimport

- fixed deadlocking problem in case of corrupted IFO files
- support for unicode UDF volume names
- updated japanese translation
- fixed write speed setting

BoSkin… :wink:

Thanks for the update on this I will have to give this latest offering a run , not that I am having any trouble with the previous version…:wink:

support for unicode UDF volume names still doesn’t work ( well, in my case, that is ) :

Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID RICOHJPNW01
Media Product Revision Number 01h
Volume Name 6>H
Application id ELBY CLONEDVD
Implementation id ELABORATE BYTES
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 4/29/2004 22:42:08

I really think that this modification on 2.0.8.3 to TRY to support unicode UDF volume name have lead to another annnoying problem :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94320

The backup are not recognized anymore (tested on DVD-RW) on my standalone DVD player
The same media worked well with 2.0.7.3 and previous one…

Something is wrong with 2.0.8.3 burning engine

Yup. Its hosed. Every burn I have done since Tuesday morning will not read in my stanbdalone. Not a word on this forum from the ones in the know. Strange. The latest version of CloneDVD is hosed.

Originally posted by burke55
Yup. Its hosed. Every burn I have done since Tuesday morning will not read in my standalone. Not a word on this forum from the ones in the know. Strange. The latest version of CloneDVD is hosed.

Originally posted by ZeF69

The backup are not recognized anymore (tested on DVD-RW) on my standalone DVD player

Originally posted by burke55

Every burn I have done since Tuesday morning will not read in my stanbdalone.
I don’t have this kind of experience, all works fine here.
In both cases, i.e. using the 1st button and then the 3rd ( Write Existing Data ),
the burnt media is being fully accepted by my standalone player.

Ok, Boskin You’re lucky… because it depend of the DVD player…
It really seems that a lot of DVD players can’t read anymore the new backup… but sure some other DVDplayers can…

For example :
In my YamahaDVDS 830 (my main & best DVD player: KO
in my Philips DV 625 : seems OK
in other posts, I see other barnds like JVC or Cyberhome which don’t recognized anymore the new 2.0.8.3 backup

I think that the 2.0.8.3 burning format is not a DVD-Video standart one, so it’s why some DVD player ( and perhaps a lot of) don’t accept new backups !

I can confirm, that CloneDVD 2.0.8.3 is broken. Sorry.
We will fix it ASAP.