CloneDVD Suggestions to Olli

I’v been a proud owner of DVD2One since the first week it was released. But now, after two days of working with CloneDVD i will jump ship. CloneDVD gives in my oppinion a better overall experience. Both using the program and watching the end result on my TV. The picture quality, in my oppinion, is more stable and gives a more relaxed viewing experience.

Since i saw Olli replying in this forum i will ask him here instead of bogging down Elbys mailserver. Please make the tray ejec at the end of successfull burn configurable.

I have small kids and i’m afraid that they will break the tray one day when it jumps out and i’m not there to put it back in again.
Please give us the same option that You have in CloneCD and make this user configurable.

Regards,
Paddy

Originally posted by Paddy97
[B]
Since i saw Olli replying in this forum i will ask him here instead of bogging down Elbys mailserver. Please make the tray ejec at the end of successfull burn configurable.

Regards,
Paddy [/B]

Request noted! Please note, that it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to eject the Media after burn, but having a kid myself I understand the reason. :slight_smile:

Please understand, that it won’t be in the next releases, we’re busy fixing other problems right now …

OMG, i got replied by the great ollie.

Sorry, that just never happend before, and you are like my god.

and as for the other way of doing it, once i started reading around more I noticed that there where other ways, I just had that idea come to mind and wanted to write it down ASAP so that i would not forget it.

PS. I have not used your CloneDVD yet but I can say that it looks since, I have installed the eval copy and it seems to have a nice easy layout.

Anychance the next verion might have the capability to turn a DVD into a DIVX or SVCD with just a few click? just wondering. Thanks

Originally posted by CaFrow

Anychance the next verion might have the capability to turn a DVD into a DIVX or SVCD with just a few click? just wondering. Thanks

Not planned at the moment, but “never say never again”…

Maybe i am blind or something like that, but when i want to burn
a DVD, it seems that i cannot select the writing speed. CloneDVD
chooses automaticly for 4 x speed and i want to burn with 1 x speed. I tried it with Datawrite classic and DataTrack media. (DVD-R) I have a Pioneer DVR 105/A05 and OS is Windows XP Home.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

You cannot adjust it. :confused:

I was just about to post this to Olli in fact. Olli, is there any chance of being able to select write speeds in future versions plz?

For instance, I’ve just aquired a batch of “B” grade 4X discs that are fine surface wise but have been advised to burn at 2X to be on the safe side. Put the disc in CloneDVD and of course it recognises it as a 4X disc and burns it as such.

Please, please, please, please, please say you will incorporate “select write speed” in future versions. :bow:

Happy i am not blind :wink: , but it would be great if Ollie could something do about this.

I think he can :smiley:

Indeed I think it could be an interesting fonction.
(not very important but interesting)

Originally posted by nikolaj
[B]Happy i am not blind :wink: , but it would be great if Ollie could something do about this.

I think he can :smiley: [/B]

Request noted. :slight_smile:

Thx Olli :slight_smile:

Another nice option would be to set a maximum size for the DVD.
Some brands should not be written to the maximum, I Think.

To Olli in german:
Wäre nett wenn man die Grösse des zu beschreibenden Rohlings einstellen kann.
Manche Marken möchte man nicht unbedingt bis zum äussersten Rand beschreiben. :wink:

Jarod

Originally posted by Jarod666
[B]Another nice option would be to set a maximum size for the DVD.
Some brands should not be written to the maximum, I Think.

Jarod [/B]

Some brands (like those you mentioned) are crap and should better not be used, I think. :slight_smile:

Anyway, we’ll think about it. Maybe well hidden, where the casual user won’t see it.

Olli

just wondered how CloneDVD handles Dual layer DVDs? does it just copy the movie as is, leaving the slight pause in, or does it remove the layer skip?

oh and you should put links to this forum, your main site and the CloneDVD page in your software from the help button.

Originally posted by MadBob
[B]Olli

just wondered how CloneDVD handles Dual layer DVDs? does it just copy the movie as is, leaving the slight pause in, or does it remove the layer skip?

oh and you should put links to this forum, your main site and the CloneDVD page in your software from the help button. [/B]

Actually, I don’t know for sure, but I believe at the moment CloneDVD doesn’t touch the layer break.

A bit surprised to see that CloneDVD is not writing on the fly, like I expected it to do once this tool was loaded, it is just copying everything to Harddrive,

I was using DVD Shrink / DVD Decryptor, OK I know I can walk off and leave it and come back to a finished DVD but there is nowhere in CloneDVD that informs me of the size of the DVD so I can make an informed choice about whether to burn just the movie or the whole DVD,

I end up loading DVD Shrink to find out this information, while it is in I may as well rip it with that!

can CloneDVD be made to copy on-the-fly to DVD in the future? and also how about a size bar (or information) that shows the size of the DVD when I am on the first page, then I can choose which option to select.

> A bit surprised to see that CloneDVD is not writing on the fly, like I expected it to do once this tool was loaded, it is just copying everything to Harddrive, <

CloneDVD does not “transcode and write in one step” on the fly, but you can write a small 4,5 GB CSS DVD on the fly with Any/CloneDVD (3rd use case)

> I was using DVD Shrink / DVD Decryptor, OK I know I can walk off and leave it and come back to a finished DVD but there is nowhere in CloneDVD that informs me of the size of the DVD so I can make an informed choice about whether to burn just the movie or the whole DVD, <

Right, a “compress-o-meter” will be added in a future release. Very high on my to-do list. :slight_smile:

A teeny request for a future CloneDVD.

When using CloneDVD together with AnyDVD could CloneDVD please get the volume label from the disc automatically?
It’s a bummer when you realize that you forgot to manually change it from one time to another.

Regards,
Paddy

Originally posted by Paddy97
[B]A teeny request for a future CloneDVD.

When using CloneDVD together with AnyDVD could CloneDVD please get the volume label from the disc automatically?
It’s a bummer when you realize that you forgot to manually change it from one time to another.

Regards,
Paddy [/B]

Good idea!

BTW, it is a good idea to send such requests or bug reports to beta@elby.ch, because I have a tendency to forget things, while the elby bug tracking system usually annoys, eh… reminds us a lot :slight_smile:

Request noted and e-mail adress put into “contacts”.

Regards,
Paddy

(I have mailed this to the beta address too)

When a movie has finished decoding/transcoding/remuxing/writing or whatever it does, there is a popup button that tells you it is finished, can you add the time it took to rip / process / write ect.

and how about a log file to see exactly what steps it went through, then if a write fails we will have some idea what went wrong.