CloneDVD Still Locked in Transcode Mode?

vbimport

Running CloneDVD 2.5.4.3 and AnyDVD 4.5.5.1. I noticed that CloneDVD was still taking a very long time to rip one single chapter from a DVD, so I did some more tests.

DVD…Matrix Revolutions, chapter 9 (includes AC 3/6 only) with a total file size of 102 MB

Shrink 3.2
-Analysing…2 min 14 sec
-Encoding…47 sec (104 MB size data…VTS_01_1.VOB)
-Burning at 4X…2 min 22 sec (using Nero 6.6.0.3)

CloneDVD 2.5.4.3 with AnyDVD running in the background
-Creating DVD files…14 min 32 sec (511 MB size data…VTS_01_1.VOB)
-Burning at 4X…2 min 7 sec

From this test, we can see that Shrink takes about 3 min to rip/transcode the 102 MB chapter 9. CloneDVD needs about 14 min to process chapter 9. Also note the final size of VTS_01_1.VOB in Shrink and CloneDVD. The Shrink file is almost the same as the original file size. However, the CloneDVD file size is much bigger…511 MB vs. 102 MB for the original.

It appears that CloneDVD is trying to transcode the whole movie, instead of just processing Chapter 9.

@ Ollie,

Why would CloneDVD take much longer to process a single chapter (no compression)? The burn time is okay. And why is the VTS_01_1.VOB file so much bigger than the original? I tested both burns and they were a okay.

TIA,
CP

Did you select “remove unreferenced material” in CloneDVD preferences?

I thought this option was unchecked in the latest version of CloneDVD.

Redid the test with your suggestion. 25 sec to process chapter 9. Very nice!!! But the VTS_01_1.VOB file is still bigger than the original file size of 102 MB. Why?

It takes 14 min (3:14 analyse and 10:45 encode) to reauthor chapter 1-27 with Shrink (no video compression with AC 3/6 audio only). CloneDVD takes 18 min to do the same. Are there more tweaks that I can apply to improve processing time with CloneDVD?

TIA,
CP