Clonedvd question!

i was just wondering can this program make backup copys of my dvd’s onto 2 dvd+r’s?

like DVD X COPY does. (cause i dont want to lose ANY quality or features of the real dvd)

cause if it cant, thats gonna be disapointing :frowning:

Why is it so disappointing?

Why not just continue to use DVDXCopy and be happy, if 2 DVD is what you want?

reason i dont like dvd x copy is cause u gotta goto hard drive first then back to dvd+r which wastes lots of time instead of just going right from dvd to dvd+r :slight_smile:

know what i mean now?

im just trying to find a easy to use program like dvd x copy that goes dvd to dvd+r instead of dvd to hard drive then back onto a dvd+r

So to sum it up i want one that does the copying process as quickly as “possible” :slight_smile:

sp for now it looks like i will stick with dvd x copy until something just as good but faster comes out :slight_smile:

Originally posted by NBR
[B]i was just wondering can this program make backup copys of my dvd’s onto 2 dvd+r’s?

like DVD X COPY does. (cause i dont want to lose ANY quality or features of the real dvd)

cause if it cant, thats gonna be disapointing :frowning: [/B]

CloneDVD CAN do this!!! But you have to select the streams manually. Just an example, a DVD with 4 tv-episodes on 2 DVD-R:

1.) Select the Clone all usecase
2.) Deselect the 2.+3. episode
3.) Burn
4.) Select Clone all usecase
5.) Deselect 1.+2. episode
6.) Burn

Sounds difficult, but is very easy!

Just purchase DVD Xcopy Express, this will copy just the movie, but really, what else do you need? It fits a 9 to a 5 DVDR, just one disc. They’re also coming out with DVD Xcopy Express GOLD version which will copy everything including menus and special features to one disc.

It’s very simple to use too, a monkey could make a backup copy… no need to do anything manually at all. It’s just 2 clicks of the mouse and there you go.

Originally posted by diablo-26
[B]Just purchase DVD Xcopy Express, this will copy just the movie, but really, what else do you need? It fits a 9 to a 5 DVDR, just one disc. They’re also coming out with DVD Xcopy Express GOLD version which will copy everything including menus and special features to one disc.

It’s very simple to use too, a monkey could make a backup copy… no need to do anything manually at all. It’s just 2 clicks of the mouse and there you go. [/B]

CloneDVD does all this already… I don’t understand your suggestion.

Just purchase DVD Xcopy Express, this will copy just the movie, but really, what else do you need? It fits a 9 to a 5 DVDR, just one disc. They’re also coming out with DVD Xcopy Express GOLD version which will copy everything including menus and special features to one disc.

Actually it’s DVD X Copy Gold and it just combines DVD X Copy and DVD X Copy EXPRESS into one program. You will still have to use two discs if you want all the menus and special features.

[B]Just purchase DVD Xcopy Express, this will copy just the movie, but really, what else do you need? It fits a 9 to a 5 DVDR, just one disc. They’re also coming out with DVD Xcopy Express GOLD version which will copy everything including menus and special features to one disc.

It’s very simple to use too, a monkey could make a backup copy… no need to do anything manually at all. It’s just 2 clicks of the mouse and there you go. [/B]

All right you don’t have to announce to the whole forum you’ve wasted $99 on some crappy software, and that you are a sheep that only knows two commands in windows, click 1 and click 2. God knows what will happen to all the J6Ps who paid $99 for DXC if 321 Crooks R Us loses the legal battle and files for chapter 11.

Wait a minute, you mean DXC doesn’t copy the menus and special features? checks DVD Shrink Yup, does everything and free.

Exactly. Besides Monkeys are very smart :bigsmile:

Actually Gold will fit all the special features and menus on 1 DVD, this is direct from their site:

DXC Express will NOT include menus or special features, but will provide the ability to “squeeze” a DVD9 movie onto ONE DVD5 with superb video quality and lightning fast encoding times.

Gold Features:
Super Fast, Patent Pending Encoding to Fit ALL DVD-9 contents including menu, special features and movie to ONE DVDR(-+) with virtually no perceptible quality loss in video!

I don’t think $99 is bad for their software, they’ve given me 4-5 free updates to the software already, and when Gold comes out you get a copy of that as well. I know very well there is other software out there that will do this type of copying, but Xcopy was the only one I found that was truly just a couple mouse clicks. That’s what it comes down to for me, ease of use. I could care less if they go out of business next week, I’ve never had to call support for anything, and unless dvd’s come out with a new form of copy protection, I don’t foresee a need for support.

So your talking about DVD X Copy EXPRESS GOLD? I take it this program will be released sometime in the near future?

I’m not sure when they’ll release it, but yeah I think pretty soon. That’s really the one I’ve been waiting for cause then you get everything in the copy that you have in the original, you don’t have to skimp on anything.

focus on the subject guys…it was about clone-dvd

Olli,

i think he wants to be able to split movies with out quality loss…
not dvd’s with episodes

I’m not sure when they’ll release it, but yeah I think pretty soon. That’s really the one I’ve been waiting for cause then you get everything in the copy that you have in the original, you don’t have to skimp on anything.

SWEET!!

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]
Olli,

i think he wants to be able to split movies with out quality loss…
not dvd’s with episodes [/B]

Ah… now I got it.
This is indeed planned in a future release, but I doubt it’ll be used often.
Nobody really likes swapping disks while watching.
Most movies are “just a little bit” too big to fit on one DVD-R, so reducing the video just by 10-20% is really hardly noticable.

Very long movies are a different story (Gladiator with DTS sound, lord of the rings, …)

agree…

but many people would like this option…i think.
I myself use it a lot…because i back-up all my collector editions.
And i want them as original as possible…and i don’t mind the swapping (use it to get a beer and snacks…lol)

others disk i don’t mind to be compressed

i am new to copying dvd’s, - so sorry if this is a dumb question but–

if i understand correct the main problem here is original dvd’s have multiple layers that add up to ~ 9 gb, while burned dvd’s are only ~ 4.6 gb, right? so is there a way to burn mult layers on a dvd burnable media? …or will we have to wait for the blue lasers to be able to burn a true - no loss movie onto a single media?

also re clonedvd- if it can not do the copy protection “CSS” how can we copy it with clonedvd?

Originally posted by macrovisionsux
also re clonedvd- if it can not do the copy protection “CSS” how can we copy it with clonedvd?

You would use CloneDVD to burn the DVD once the copy protection had been removed using DVD Decrypter or SmartRipper.

Just use DVD decrypter or something like it.

Originally posted by macrovisionsux
if i understand correct the main problem here is original dvd’s have multiple layers that add up to ~ 9 gb, while burned dvd’s are only ~ 4.6 gb, right? so is there a way to burn mult layers on a dvd burnable media? …or will we have to wait for the blue lasers to be able to burn a true - no loss movie onto a single media?

From what I understand, a single layer DVD is 4.7 GB and a dual layer DVD is 9.4 GB. So you would need to use a program that can compress both layers onto a single layer DVD (4.7 GB).