CloneDVD on Vista x64 RTM

Anyone tried running CloneDVD 2.9.0.1 on Vista x64 RTM?

I have an interesting issue where after installing my CloneDVD key and rebooting, now every time I try to start up CloneDVD I get a message from Windows saying “RegCheck” crashed. Once I exit the dialog, CloneDVD starts up in Trial Mode and seems to function just fine.

I realize Vista RTM was just released on MSDN a couple days ago and developers haven’t had a chance to work out any app incompatibilities yet. I was just wondering if something unique about my setup was causing the issue or if everyone was having this issue.

AnyDVD 6.0.8.2 has the same issue. I have registered all the Slysoft products, but I haven’t installed CloneCD and CloneDVD Mobile yet to see if they also have this problem.

FYI: The drivers are loaded by F8 boot and disabling the Signed driver checks.

Not good. Unfortunately I can’t reproduce this problem, so I need your help.

1.) Navigate to the AnyDVD program folder. Double-click RgDrvls.exe. Does it crash?

2.) If yes, download http://sandbox.slysoft.com/RgDrvls1.zip. Unzip RegDrvls.exe and put it in AnyDVD program folder. Double-click RgDrvls.exe. Does it still crash?

Note: Even if it doesn’t crash, registration will still not work, as AnyDVD will see that the file has been modified. If I get your ok, I can release an updated AnyDVD version.

OK, James, I think I may have found the problem.

If I turn on Hardware DEP, RegCheck crashes. This happens for both x64 and x86.

Turn off hardware DEP and it works fine.

Please try AnyDVD 6.0.8.5, this should work now with Vista & DEP enabled.

Yup, works great with DEP on Vista x86 and x64. Thanks James for the fast turn around.