CloneDVD mobile 1.0.5.2 & Predator R2

i’ve tried to convert Predator (region 2) with clonedvd mobile 1.0.5.2 into mp4 (PSP-Format) but i always get the message “the pipe has been closed…” it’s the only movie that i can’t convert. any idea what i’m doing wrong?

Sounds like a copy protection problem. Are you using AnyDVD? Can you post the AnyDVD information window for this DVD?

yep. i’m using anydvd…

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.8.3.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PREDATOR
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

It doesn’t look like a copy protection problem… But your AnyDVD version is outdated, maybe you should try the most recent one.

well, if it’s not a copy protection problem why should i update anydvd then? i’m sure there is bug in clonedvd mobile cuz i can convert this movie with “psp movie creator” but the movie quality is very bad… :frowning:

Why would you not want to update? New versions fix a couple of bugs, and you could try to process the movie through the “AnyDVD ripper”. And the update is free.

i should have told you that i’ve already ripped the dvd with “dvd decrypter” to my hard drive. so actually i don’t need anydvd anymore. it must be a bug in clonedvd mobile…well, i’ve looked in the history and it seems this bug was fixed in 1.0.2.1 (Fix: Weird error message “the pipe has been closed” with certain DVD titles when creating a file for the PSP) I guess clonedvd mobile has still problems with certain DVD titles then :frowning:

if you ripped with dvd decrypter and it’s not working then that’s even more reason you should probably give it a try ripping with the anydvd ripper.

out of date software vs. up to date brand new software? it can’t hurt to try, and it might even work.

ok. i’ll try it later :smiley: although i’m sure it won’t work cuz “psp movie creator” can convert this movie.

didn’t work but i’ve managed to convert the movie with “psp video 9” in very good quality (2-pass)