Clonedvd lowering sound volume!

has anyone else ever had any problem with clonedvd 2 lowering the sound volume in their backups? i backup 2 movies pluto nash and galaxy quest in both movies i noticed from the start the sound volume was strangly lower i than conformed this by putting in the originals indeed the sound was about 20% lower! anyone else have this problem??

Hi BladeX, welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

That’s not possible, since [I]CloneDVD does not reprocess/convert audio tracks[/I], simply includes or excludes them on behalf of the user. Check what is the audio track included in your backup.

e.g. some movies have the audio tracks in both Dolby Digital 2.0 and Dolby Digital 5.1 (and eventually DTS). They can actually have different volume levels. So maybe you’re watching the original in 5.1 audio and the copy in 2.0 (or vice-versa).

Hope this helps, :slight_smile:

ET

nope they are the correct audio tracks cos the red light on my dvd is on meaning the 5.1 sound option is enabled. could it be the blank dvd i’m using?

BladeX -

Note eltranquil’s response to you concerning Audio volume level. Also the quality of blank DVD media used does not alter the Audio volume level.

BeLooken

why is the volume lower in backups than?

FWIW- I was goofing around today with a real DVD, it played at 2 different volumes in different DVD players (software). It was lower in Windows Media Player, but louder in DVD X Player and Ulead DVD Player.

Well, I figured out my issue. I think it’s FFDShow’s audio decoder. That thing is messed up… It would only kick in on Media Player and not the other dvd software.