CloneDVD Idea

vbimport

K, I do not have a DVD burner yet so this idea could not be tried at home. I was thinking how CloneDVD sounds like a great app to use to Backup a DVDmovie to a DVD-R, but since CloneDVD does not copy protected DVD that you cannot backup almost any movie, Here might be a work around that might work.

Use a program that will rip the DVD and decrypt it to the HD in a Image file format, then use Daemon-tools to load it up and make it look like a DVD movie, now the protection might not be there anymore so you might be able to use cloneDVD to make a copy of the movie that is loaded with daemon. Anyways just something I thought up, might be to much work or it might not even work, let me know if anyone has any coments on this. Thanks

Originally posted by CaFrow
[B]K, I do not have a DVD burner yet so this idea could not be tried at home. I was thinking how CloneDVD sounds like a great app to use to Backup a DVDmovie to a DVD-R, but since CloneDVD does not copy protected DVD that you cannot backup almost any movie, Here might be a work around that might work.

Use a program that will rip the DVD and decrypt it to the HD in a Image file format, then use Daemon-tools to load it up and make it look like a DVD movie, now the protection might not be there anymore so you might be able to use cloneDVD to make a copy of the movie that is loaded with daemon. Anyways just something I thought up, might be to much work or it might not even work, let me know if anyone has any coments on this. Thanks [/B]

Until there is a better solution available soon, this is a good way to go… You can also use DVD Decrypter to copy the files to disk and transcode / burn them with CLoneDVD. No need for Daemon Tools.

Should be the title…I see at least one person has parted with money and got something other than he was expecting…

I really don’t see the point of CloneDVD as it stands…how many unprotected DVD’s are there out there that you might want to clone?

OK, I do a bit of video editing and sometimes it would be nice to have a one-package solution to knocking out some extra copies for friends and family…but this need is fairly infrequent.

As another poster has mentioned, the legality of backing-up your own DVD movie collection has been established. I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink then burn with DVD Workshop. They all work beautifully with minimum hassle, excellent quality and the first two are FREE.

Had CloneDVD incorporated the functionality and quality of the first two, I would buy it.

As it is, it misses the spot and frankly I’m disappointed having waited quite some time and now finding it’s not the programme I had expected it to be.

My own fault, I guess, for making assumptions…

This is turning into a copyright issue and comaprison to DVDxCOPY.

I, too, have been waiting for DVD Clone as I have used ConeCD for a while and I was expecting a similar product. I have DVDxCOPY and was planning to go for DVDxCOPY Platinum (now Gold was released) but was waiting for CloneDVD. DVDxCOPY is fighting in court for us to back up our DVDs and their software as mentioned has a stamp on it. I don’t know if the stamp identifies the user with the registration number hidden somewhere. If that is the case and they lose the battle in court, then If someone get hold of my backed-up DVD they could for example trace me and fine me for infringement on copy rights.

My question is; Does CloneDVD with decrypter make a copy indistinguishable from the original? If so, then this is where I am heading despite the need to use two programs.

My question is; Does CloneDVD with decrypter make a copy indistinguishable from the original? If so, then this is where I am heading despite the need to use two programs.

UMM, i am hoping that you mean besides the fact the the video and sound is compressed. the 2 DVD will not be the same because a DVD-r cannot hold as much as a movie DVD.

Do you lot ‘really’ find it a big deal to have to use 2 programs?!

If you’re that bored, write a batch file to load DVD Decrypter, rip all files in file mode to a folder and then close it again before starting CloneDVD.

Dont you think Olli would have implemented CSS removal if he could? Why kill a program before its even launched? You all know how 321 Studios is suffering with the court case and that.
Personally, I think its very sensible to keep it 100% legal.

Olli …

what about the rumours you spread in German ct magazine about a “AnyDVD driver” possible to do some “interesting” stuff ???

makes my point…it is NO great sweat to use two programs and we already have various ways of cloning a DVD…do we really need another program to do this and one that won’t cope with protection at that?

So my question was…what’s the point of CloneUnprotectedDVD?

Can’t be quality…my eyes tell me DVD Decrypter followed by DVD Shrink provides quality I can’t see being improved on.

I’m not trying to knock Ollie or his proggie…just expressing an opinion that I can’t see the purpose of it…those that do, will buy it no doubt but I’d like to know WHY they’re buying it.

While I’m here, a word to Lightning UK! about DVD Decrypter…RESPECT…a great program.

I like CloneDVD for much because it is made by Elaborate Bytes and I know that ollie will support his product and perfect it as time goes on. That is probebly one of the main reasons that Ollie did not include a decrypter because Ollie does not want to get stuck in court like DVDXCopy who might end up losing and stop making their product and stop being able to support their paying customers.

Ollie and Elaborate Bytes is a very trusted company, see how far he took CloneCD and To tell you the truth I cannot find any game on the market right now that I cannot copy correctly with CloneCD.

CloneDVD has appeared to be a Stable program and it have only been out for a few weeks, Windows has been out for years and crashes more often then CloneDVD. :smiley:

But Seriously, I support Ollie and his disision not to include a decrytper, It is not hard for me to load up a 3rd party free program that will do the first step and then switching over to CloneDVD that will do the rest and do it right.

Ollie does not want to get stuck in court like DVDXCopy who might end up losing and stop making their product and stop being able to support their paying customers.

Ummm… no. 321 Studio didn’t get stuck in the court, the greedy fsckers knew they were making an illegal product and did a preemptive strike on a bunch of major movie studios as both a promotion stunt and also to publicize their product. Which worked quite well since a lot of J6Ps prefer DXP. If J6Ps only knew how DXC the software started (using smartripper and couple other freeware in their package w/o authorization and called it their own and sell it for $80 a pop). Not it matters much, 'cause most who bought the stolenware don’t give a fsck. No wonder 321 Studio is making bank. :Z :Z :Z

DVDFab blows away DVDXCopy (DVDXCoaster) and it is freeware also…