Clonedvd how to pick correct audio?

vbimport

Hi

Im new to this so please bear with me!!!

Have clonedvd and anydvd installed.
When i backed up a dvd to my computer - it worked ok only clonedvd extracted the directors comments.
Is there a way to check on the dvd the right audio to extract??

TIA

Joe90

I hope this doesnt seem like a stupid question LOL!!!

g’day mate…

yer i did same thing when i first tried it … simple mistake :wink:

just select ac3 audio only & not the 2ch audio.

hope that helps …

Originally posted by BoSkin

Make sure, that the boxes with 6 channels ( English Dolby AC-3/6 ) are checked

It’s an easy mistake to make. I’ve done it twice, first time I did the same as you, the last time was just yesterday! I was backing up my son’s Thunderbirds DVDs. Each title had AC3 2 channel and 6 channel audio, I left out the 6 channel hoping to improve the picture quality but in fact left out the sound of the show because the title menu was the only thing using the 2 channel audio - doh.

The only advice I can give is to preview your output before burning.

many thanks to all who replied

worked like a charm!!!
I guess the lesson to learn is make sure and preview your output before burning!!!

again

MANY THANKS TO ALL:bigsmile:

I am not here to start another discussion on whether DVDShrink or CloneDVD is better.

But as far as picking up which audio stream is concerned, I found the audio preview function in DVDShrink very handy, indispensable indeed.

Recently I backed up “Finding Nimo” and there are 2 audio streams named as Chinese. They are about the same size. It turned out one is in Mandarin and the other is in Cantonese. With the audio preview function I could easily determine which audio stream I need.

I hope that this functionality can be added to CloneDVD. It may be even better if there is preview function for the subtitle becoz we have Simplified Chinese (PRC) and Tranditional Chinese(Taiwan & HK).

> But as far as picking up which audio stream is concerned, I found the audio preview function in DVDShrink very handy, indispensable indeed. <

Sure, and a freeware tool with no address of the author can do this, no problem.
Maybe a shareware author can get away with this as well.
A commercial product must pay license fees to Dolby laboratories if it contains an audio decoder … sigh.

Originally posted by Olli
A commercial product must pay license fees to Dolby laboratories if it contains an audio decoder

If I am not wrong, DVDShrink did not distribute any Dolby codec. It just renders the sound via DirectX and let your PC sort it out. If the machine does not have any AC3 filter installed, there would be no sound.

I am not sure whether you can get away from the licencing fee in this way;) . But undoubtedly, audio preview is a very handly feature for Chinese market.

Originally posted by asisoft

audio preview is a very handly feature…
Definitely. It would prevent some ppl from making mistakes when choosing audio streams.

I also made the mistake of cutting out the main audio stream of the movie for the directors commentary garbage…So, an audio preview option would be an excellent feature. I believe you wouldn’t have to pay a dime because shrink uses directx to render the sound…