CloneDVD freezing when copying

Hi,

I’m using the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and trying to copy a DVD-9 to a DVD-5.

I have a Sony DVD -/+ Burner [DRU540a]* and am using Sony DVD-R (1x-4x)**

*With latest firmware and software updates
**Recommended by Sony

So I started CloneDVD with AnyDVD running in the background and chose “Clone DVD” Choice in the main menu section when the program loads. It read the movie I put in just fine and then after it finished I put in the blank DVD and it started burning at 4x. It burned fine until 28% and then stopped and did nothing. The software froze and I couldn’t close it even trying ALT+F4 or CTRL+ALT+DEL! So I had to force a restart.

I have a nice looking coaster though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any suggestions or words of peace and help??

Thanks.

For what its worth…sony media in not that good…Please try Ridata 4x they always work and are the best quality…I just bought 100 for $39 delivered. Please try again with a different media…Wiz

Actually, I believe this particular issue is a flaw in CloneDVD2. The same thing was happening to me. I switched to a different program to do the actual burning (Disc Copier in EMC7) - and haven’t had a single problem since - even burning the exact same source files to the same media that locks up CloneDVD2 (version 2454 under WinXP/sp1). I rip with DVDDeCryptor, transcode with CloneDVD2 and burn with EMC7 (usually to Ritek media). Lots of steps - but it works every time, and my resulting DVD’s are excellent quality. Maybe someday I’ll try using the transcoder in EMC7 and see how well it performs.