Clonedvd Error

I get this error when trying to make a backup of the “special edition of Pulp Fiction” (UK, region 2)

It gets to 79% complete but then fails. :frowning:

I use the top option out of the 3 (copy dvd titles) with no menus, only the main feature, with english only subtitles and all english audio streams.

What’s wrong?

tia…:bow:

Is the “special edition of Pulp Fiction” (UK, region 2) CSS protected, and if yes, what tool did you use to remove the protection?

anydvd

Originally posted by hburrows83
anydvd

Which Version?
Which OS do you use?
Any IDE Busmaster drivers?
What DVD-ROM did you use for reading?

latest version
windows xp home
nope
ltd 165h liteon

what does the error actually mean?

This is the same error I get with damaged DVDs such as those from rental stores. I pay about USD$2.50 for ex-rentals and while most are OK, CloneDVD can’t handle too much damage. In some cases not even DVD Decrypter can handle them.

Originally posted by FutureProof
This is the same error I get with damaged DVDs such as those from rental stores. I pay about USD$2.50 for ex-rentals and while most are OK, CloneDVD can’t handle too much damage. In some cases not even DVD Decrypter can handle them.

Right. This error usually means what it says - a read error.
Usually, because it could also be:

1.) DVD Drive dropping authentication for unknown reason. Never seen this, but from reports here this might happen with the Pioneer 120S. (Although the error could be different, e.g. “wrong startblock”)

2.) Some other AnyDVD weirdness, e.g. drive reported wrong capacity of disc, CloneDVD tries to read beyond the capacity AnyDVD expects, AnyDVD chokes, CloneDVD reports error. (This could also be the problem with the Pioneer 120S. Dunno, as I don’t have the Pioneer 120S)

As there wasn’t any Pioneer 120S (or Plextor DVD-Rom, how is it called? PX-116? Seems to have a similar problem) involved, I assume the disc is broken.

Try to drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the desktop, I assume Explorer will report a read error as well.

Originally posted by hburrows83
latest version

I assume this is 2.0.0.4, and that it is not the cracked version.
I am just saying that, because the crack does not work 100%.

Originally posted by Olli
I assume this is 2.0.0.4, and that it is not the cracked version.
I am just saying that, because the crack does not work 100%.

No it’s the full paid version as of 4 days ago :bigsmile: Bought it in conjunction with clonedvd on the same expensive day :stuck_out_tongue:

Try to drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the desktop, I assume Explorer will report a read error as well

Ok thanks, will try that tonight after uni.

ok well the dvd is wierd as it has 2 video streams identical in every way, (i.e length, audio) except one shows as having 27 chapters and the other showing just 15 :confused:

The 27 crashes at 79% with the error message (posted above) but the 15 chapter version (which incidently doesn’t have 15 but the same at 27) works flawlessy as i type.

I dunno the difference, but i least i’m able to back it up now.

Thanks for all your help though :bow:

i hope this makes sense. I was tying to copy 2 fast 2 furious. I was using the version 1171. i got a read error. I thought maybe it might be becuase it was a rental copy. when when i checked this site out, i saw a new version out 1398. when i downloaded i got 1284. it seemed to copy the dvd perfectly. when i realized that i had the wrong copy, i downloaded again to get 1398. thought it would be a good idea, becuase of its many features. so i tried to do the movie again using the same rental copy. this time it didnt work, just like the older version i was using. can someone explain why the first copy and the latest didnt work, and the middle version, 1284 read it completely?

thanks in advance