CloneDVD error finalizing

using clonedvd just fine at 1284
suddenly this version 1398 will not finalize, says 100 % and the dvd is fine to watch.
I use NEC ND1300A v. 1.08 (just updated to day)
Win200pro
no problem before. this was a copy of another copy, but done this before without problems.

hm same here
Going back to the previous version and the problem seemed to be solved.
I also have a nec 1300. Only I’m using f/w 1.07. Sure hope they will fix it soon. My pc stops responding when clonedvd says: “flushing buffers writing borders”. The only way out of this is a rather brutal reboot. I experienced this with That’s Write dvd-r (mediacode leaddata)

It was okay when i burned a dvd+rw though.

edit: I have win xp pro sp1

Re: buz in 1398

quote:

Originally posted by kunolobo
OLLI
could you please fix the finalizing problem in 1398
no problem in 1284
this new version will not finalize - have to reboot - and the dvd film is ok - is finish - but clonedvd will not finalize and come with the nagscreen that tells you, that it all succed.

using nd1300a - no problems before

Yes, I’ll try to fix that. problem is, that I can’t reproduce it… which makes things difficult.

As I can’t reproduce this problem on a local machine, I need your help.

Can you please try this WriteDVD.dll:

Instructions:

Download it and unpack WriteDVD.dll
Exit CloneDVD.
Copy WriteDVD.dll into the CloneDVD installation directory, replacing the existing one.
Now try to write DVDs with the NEC 1300A (or any other affected writer)
The Version of the new DLL should be 1.3.9.7

Olli

UPDATE: I have put WriteDVD 1.3.9.8 there. I have adjusted the download link above

Thanks Olli I was having the same problem and that .DLL fixed it you are a life saver, it was getting old haveing to reboot after each copy.

I have the NEC 1300A (1.07)

Again Thank-you

Mad_Greek

i have the same problem with my pioneer 106, but the discs won’t work :frowning:

Will try the new fix and post back

Originally posted by Mad_Greek
[B]Thanks Olli I was having the same problem and that .DLL fixed it you are a life saver, it was getting old haveing to reboot after each copy.

I have the NEC 1300A (1.07)

Again Thank-you

Mad_Greek [/B]

I assume you used WriteDVD.dll 1.3.9.8?
(Right mouse click -> Properties to check Version)

Originally posted by Olli
I assume you used WriteDVD.dll 1.3.9.8?
(Right mouse click -> Properties to check Version)

Yes I am

:frowning:

Well it hasn’t worked for me… Another dvd wasted (5 now) :a

i’m gonna have to back to the previous version.

Shanghai Noon -dvd region 2
xp home
106 pioneer
anydvd
nothing else running at same time

Originally posted by hburrows83
[B]:frowning:

Well it hasn’t worked for me… Another dvd wasted (5 now) :a

i’m gonna have to back to the previous version.

Shanghai Noon -dvd region 2
xp home
106 pioneer
anydvd
nothing else running at same time [/B]

Wait a minute - You’re using a Pioneer 106 - on what type of media are you writing?

I am pretty sure your problem is not related to the WriteDVD.dll, maybe it is media related?

it seems when i try and use the new version of clonedvd

it starts reading the movie and half way threw it just restarts my computer all by itself

can u please see whats causing that

thanks

Originally posted by Panthera0350
[B]it seems when i try and use the new version of clonedvd

it starts reading the movie and half way threw it just restarts my computer all by itself

can u please see whats causing that

thanks [/B]

This is off topic. This thread is called “CloneDVD error finalizing”, please start a new thread. Apart from this - maybe your CPU is not properly cooled.

thanks OLLI
youre the best

[B]Wait a minute - You’re using a Pioneer 106 - on what type of media are you writing?

I am pretty sure your problem is not related to the WriteDVD.dll, maybe it is media related? [/B]

I’ve used the same media (orange top Bulk Paq) for over 40 films using anydvd and clonedvd and up until this version it has worked flawlessly.

Can’t see how it’s a media problem all of a sudden :confused: as the only thing i’ve changed is, about 2 hours ago when i d/l the newer version of clonedvd.

Will check now to see if it works on the older version still…

has anyone got a link for the older version? i can only seem to find the new one…

tia :bow:

> I’ve used the same media (orange top Bulk Paq) for over 40 films using anydvd and clonedvd and up until this version it has worked flawlessly. <

Try to set a lower write speed. New CloneDVD could write faster than previous version.

But actually this has also nothing to do with the thread subject " CloneDVD error finalizing", right? Your machine did not hang at the end?

I assume the newest WriteDVD.dll does fix the “hang” error on NEC1300A drives, so I assume the case is closed.

[B]
Try to set a lower write speed. New CloneDVD could write faster than previous version.

But actually this has also nothing to do with the thread subject " CloneDVD error finalizing", right? Your machine did not hang at the end?

I assume the newest WriteDVD.dll does fix the “hang” error on NEC1300A drives, so I assume the case is closed. [/B]

I do have the same problem as the thread starter except for that my writer is the pioneer 106 and not the nec…

My machine gets to 100% fine but when it says writng flushers and boarders it never finalizes. It will stay at 100% indeffinately with the writer locked and i have to restart my whole computer before i can open the drive.

I tried it by setting the write speed to 4x but it has the same effect… (6 wasted dvds now)

I cannot check to see whether it’s a bug in the new version without having a link or d/l file. so please if anyone has it can you pm me :bow:

> I do have the same problem as the thread starter except for that my writer is the pioneer 106 and not the nec…
<

I see…

What firmware version does your 106 have? I assume it is the newest? (1.07 I believe)
Is the media you use -R or +R?

> I tried it by setting the write speed to 4x but it has the same effect… (6 wasted dvds now) <

I was thinking of setting the speed to something like 2x…

[B]> I do have the same problem as the thread starter except for that my writer is the pioneer 106 and not the nec…
<

I see…

What firmware version does your 106 have? I assume it is the newest? (1.07 I believe)
Is the media you use -R or +R?

> I tried it by setting the write speed to 4x but it has the same effect… (6 wasted dvds now) <

I was thinking of setting the speed to something like 2x… [/B]

Ok, updated the firmware to 1.07 and tried it on 2x… but still no go. It just will Not finalize.

I use -R media and have done with all my backups.

Can i PLEASE have the older version now?? so i can check.

Originally posted by hburrows83
[B]Ok, updated the firmware to 1.07 and tried it on 2x… but still no go. It just will Not finalize.

I use -R media and have done with all my backups.

Can i PLEASE have the older version now?? so i can check. [/B]

Have you tried this beast: