CloneDVD drops timecode?

Hi all,

EDIT: Well it doesnt, i just didnt have time code in the original title. Sorry

Anyway I just tried out CloneDVD after some experimenting with DVDShrink. It looks pretty darned good!
I backed up a DVD9 onto a DVD5 using “clone dvd” mode. I deselected a lot of extras, but kept the menu. At this point I had 97% on the compress meter.

On the next page, I ditched further some foreign language subs and audio. The resulting image was 4.1 Gb which implies that the movie was not finally transcoded at all since some space was even left on the disc. Any way of telling what happened?

So I was left with the question:
Is there any way of “looking back” at the compress meter after I’ve removed unwanted streams first in the titles section but also after the the audio and subtitle section?

Thanks for any insights.

-Rölli

Hi,

if I am not wrong this is a requested feature that will be implemented in a future (maybe in the next) version of CloneDVD.

Regards,

ET.

Originally posted by Rölli
Hi all,
Is there any way of “looking back” at the compress meter after I’ve removed unwanted streams first in the titles section but also after the the audio and subtitle section?
-Rölli

CloneDVD is good.:slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the current version does not show the impact on compression of deleting audio tracks. The improvement is still there; that is, the more audio you drop, the more space is available for video and the better its quality will be.

It seems that the 97% you saw didn’t take account of the audio you’d dropped. It may well have been - and probably was - at 100% while you were still dropping objects, hence the 4.1Gb you finished up with.

I would not be surprised if this ‘feature’ was changed to a more intuitive approach in the next release, perhaps also with the ability to set compression on a title by title basis.

-Pete

Thanks Peter, that’s how I figured too.
This would be a very welcome feature indeed.

I might be a bit of a perfectionist.
I tend to insist in keeping the menus, keeping maximum quality in the main movie while everything else can be dropped or compressed heavily.

To my understanding neither of the mentioned software does the above just yet.

But despite all, CloneDVD seems a very good piece of software!

thanks again.

-Rölli